• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Question on stocks

Far North Hunter

A friend asked a question I need input from users. He asked, what is a good LIGHTWEIGHT quality stock for a Remington action..$400-$500. With the increases in prices the last while I'm not sure what to tell him. What would your answer be?

For around 650 you can't go wrong with the Mesa Altitude from Pure Precision. I know it's a little above his price range but they will I let for anything. Great people to deal with too. I currently have 3 (2 short actions, 1 long action). The long is right at 26oz and shorts are around 24oz on my scale. If he is military/LE/first responder either active or retired they do a discount and I got mine shipped for 623.00.

If he shoots a lot from prone with rear bags, Mesa is probably not the best option. However, it is a great option for a quality lightweight all purpose stock IMO. A little over the price range, but significantly less than Manners.

A friend asked a question I need input from users. He asked, what is a good LIGHTWEIGHT quality stock for a Remington action..$400-$500. With the increases in prices the last while I'm not sure what to tell him. What would your answer be?
Check the sale at stockys stocks. Theyvhave their own brand carbon fiber stocks on sale for 359 if I remember right

Bell & Carleson. Won't break the bank and can get some really light ones.
We took the wood stock off and put this B&C on a 700 Mountain Rifle DM. Can carry it all day anywhere.

Attachments

• Rem 700 Mountain DM -243.jpg
    Rem 700 Mountain DM -243.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Can't recommend it because I haven't used one yet but the new Grayboe Eagle has caught my eye.
Only problem is they have gone to all M5 inlets now and OP has BDL.

May get some flack here… but, I have several Bell & Carlson stocks on hunting rifles and for the price they steady the barreled action as good as any.

Last edited:
I have a brand new HS Precision PSL155 carbon stock I'd let go for $500 tyd. It is inletted for a Rem700 Short action BDL bottom metal. Tan color with adjustable cheek piece.

Attachments

• 20231107_182239.jpg
    20231107_182239.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 24
I think stocky is hard to beat for what you get if you're working on a budget. Never used one but almost bought one until I found the manners I wanted in the classifieds