• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Question on the 700 Rem

ourway77

A couple years ago I bought what was advertised as a Sendero, 300 RUM. After recieving it I looked but no where on the rifle does it say Sendero? but the literature I got the phamphlet says Sendero. Is it an early Sendero? One thing is for sure it's a tack driver has a 26" heavey barrel, Laminated brown stock. After recieving it I adjusted the trigger, no creep 2# let off. While it kicks like a mule it is one of the most accurate rifles I own out of the box. To date the best group I got was 3 shots almost in the original hole when I do my part. I have taken numerous Deer at very long ranges for Eastern hunting. Any knowledge on this rifle greatly appreciated. Bought it new off the Net. Thanks Lou

one way to be sure is to call remington's customer service number and have them run a check on the serial number.they will give you everything there is to know about your rifle from the day it was manufactured to who done the final inspection on it before it shipped out to the distributer.
this is a good way of telling if the rifle has been modified after leaving remington's factory

I am no expert but I have never seen a sendero with a wood stock
all have been black syn.
retiredcpo

If it was a 300 ultra Sendero it would have a HS precision stock not a laminate stock.Also it would be stainless with a fluted barrel. Post a photo or give a few more details.

Remington has made small runs of non-traditional Senderos in the past. I have seen a laminate stock, blued cm barrel version with no flutes. That one was chambered in 7mm STW. That guy had a real prize. I also know of another guy with a 7mm mag in a Sendero with a matte blued, non fluted barrel in a HS precision stock. I believe his is called a Sendero Special. Hope this helps.

I also have a friend that has a Sendero that is in 300win mag Blued matte chromoly non fluted barrel and action in a HS stock.

I have seen several older senderos with a blue barrel and action but they all had a black syn stock on them

there was a 300 rum heavy blued or matte barrel with brown beavertail laminated stock
these sold for about $675 would be sendero equal

It very well could be a special run. I have seen rifles marked as Sendero's with laminated stocks. Last one I saw was a couple years ago in a gun shop in N.C. and was either a .300WinMag or a 300 RUM, can't remember.
The first generation (gen) Sendero was in the HS Precision stock with blued action and blued, non-fluted barrel. Some actually had "Sendero" stamped on the barrel after the caliber (i.e. 7mm RM Sendero). I had two of these, one in 7 Mag and the other a .300 WinMag. The .300 shot good but the 7Mag shot lights out.
The next gen was the SF, or stainless fluted, with same small grip HS Precision stock and matte, stainless action and fluted barrel. I have one of these now is .25-06 and it shoots lights out also. I recently re-acquired it from my youngest son and killed a 6 pt with it 12 days ago.
After this Remington came out with the Sendero SF II which we now have. HS Precision stock with palm swell(s), polished, stainless action and barrel with blackened flutes. I have no history with this gen. JohnnyK.