Question...How far will 25 MOA adjustment get you W/30.06

fourinone

I would like for someone to please tell me how far can I dial up to if I only have 25 MOA of adjustment left after being zeroed at 100 yards. I'm wondering about a 30.06 shooting...say a Sierra 168 Matchking at 2700 FPS the Ballistic Coefficient is .475 Thanks

About 800 yds max

About 750yds for accuracy being as you do not want to be at the total top of the dial.

If you have a one piece base on your gun, it is easy (relatively speaking) to shim the rear of the base with cutout peices of soda cans. Run a search on "shim" with username ABINOK, if it interests you.

There are a number of ballistic calculators available up on the bullets ballistics and barrels section. You should pick one or more and learn how to make your own calculations. It is fun and easy and allows you to test bullets in your computer on the days it is too miserable to be outside shooting. I don't mind doing it for you but it is a part of long range hunting just like pulling the trigger.

If you want to shim and have a two peice base it is more difficult and you probably want to post a separate question.

How many MOA do you have going down that you cannot use?

If you want to recover that MOA, then once you know that you can buy a set of burris signature rings with the inserts and pick up that extra MOA also.

BH

Thanks Buffalobob & BountyHunter for your time on this for me, I have a scope with a total of 50 MOA adjustment And do have Burris Sig. Zee rings and using two piece Weaver bases. I do currently use the offset inserts in other setups to get optic center at zero and can build in extra MOA into this gun. Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.