Question for the Ages

I saw a squirrel drop from 30ft when its twig broke. Tree leaning off a ridge. It impacted the valley floor and bounced about a foot. Flipped over and ran off up another tree. I was in stitches laughing!

Sea sickness or vertigo.....seems to me since I've had serious bouts with each.......that they both can screw you up really bad.......
Been a while since being on the Pacific out of Newport....but when the ocean starts doing swirlies and the 30ft boat twists with them.....
.....youre in a bad place....
If you are up a ladder with your neck cranked and looking out the distant section of your bifocals at electrical wiring in your hand....and you feel your eyes spinning round....
.....youre in a bad place....

Squirrel up on a flimsy twig of a limb holding on for dear life......
....it in a bad place......

I saw a squirrel drop from 30ft when its twig broke. Tree leaning off a ridge. It impacted the valley floor and bounced about a foot. Flipped over and ran off up another tree. I was in stitches laughing!
I've seen this too…not exactly but two were fighting on a branch and the one actually got flung from his footing and fell down about 20 feet. Hilarious. But you know, they're not so different from us…did the exact same thing I would have done had I survived such a tumble: I swear I saw the little guy panic and frantically look around in the hopes that nobody saw that!

I'm not coming with a philosophical answer here, but one thing about squirrels is their indecisiveness. Like when on the road and can't decide which side to run to when a car comes, they end up diving under the tire at the last second after dashing frantically several feet back-and-forth. Makes me think of the verse "how long halt ye between two opinions?" Funny but durable creatures they are.

Recent Posts