Question for Shawn or Kirby about Breaks

windwalker1

I have a removable break on a Shilen barrel, it has holes all the way around it and kicks up alot of dust and debris when fired close to the ground, hell it kicks up alot off a bench in dusty conditions. My question is, if I were to scribe a mark at a position centered on top of the barrel,would you be able to index one to fit based on that or do you need the whole gun to fit it?

Thanks for any info
Mark

WINDWALKER1,
I'm not Shawn or Kirby,but I do manufacture and install muzzle brakes and the answer to your question is yes.
If you scribed a line on the brake,top dead center I could index a brake to match. You can take a look at my "V" Port Vaporizer brake on my web site.
HTH,
308nate

Are you wanting to just send your old brake with a mark on it showing top dead center? or do you plan to just send the barreled action.

308Nat's brake ranks pretty high on the "cool factor" as well as being a good desgine

If I can, it would just be the Brake with a reference mark. If not I can send the entire package. The reason for the question to Shawn or Kirby was simply that the " Edge" brake has garnered nothin but good comments in all that I have read, and it looks as if it doesn't have any bottom porting. I maybe have missed reading some on Nate's brake. I'm interested to see if a different, [design] brake will increase the recoil reduction, along with not blinding me with disturbed debris. This is for that Christensen Arms 300 WSM I purchased. I got what I asked for in a light gun, and in a hunting situation it's not a factor, but off the bench this little dude isn't that much fun to shoot. The amount of muzzle rise makes it impossible to watch the intended target. What I'm headed for is having Shawn or Kirby assemble something I can use when I won't be packin it all over the hills. Just really tryin to learn here on the site and determine what caliber I want to go with first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. It would really be a shame if I have to have one from each of them, just for scientific reasons of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks for your info, this is the most helpful group of folks on the Web. Sure makes it alot easier than just stumbling around on your own.

Mark

While it is possible to do, I only put brakes on to a barrel. Sending a barreled action is not a proble and quick trun around is not a problem on brake only projects. You are also correct in that the DE brakes do not have top or bottom porting for the reasons you have stated. The recoil reduction will be much more effective than the ported version you currently have.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.