Question about the 300NM

odoylerules

I'm about to order a barrel for my desert tech SRS A-1, chambered in 300 Norma Mag. I plan to run the Berger 215 after doing some research and hearing about the great results some are getting from that combo. I plan to get the barrel from ES tactical, TS custom, or SAC.
I assume they use a standard reamer, maybe saami spec, for the regular 300nm.
My question, can I run the Berger 215 out long enough, say to the neck/shoulder junction with the boat tail, to take full advantage of that round, with a saami chamber?
Thanks guys

There is no saami spec 300 nm. Just CIP which is the euro form of saami. I'd def check the freebore of their reamers prior, the 215 Berger and 230 smk work best with a 225 freebore, the 230 Bergers and eldm line work best in a 250 freebore.

My SAC barrel shoots a loaded round that is 3.582 OAL. Best my memory serves me get the bullet at the neck shoulder junction or real close I have been very pleased with my barrel. I went with a 1-8 twist.

There is no saami spec 300 nm. Just CIP which is the euro form of saami. I'd def check the freebore of their reamers prior, the 215 Berger and 230 smk work best with a 225 freebore, the 230 Bergers and eldm line work best in a 250 freebore.
Thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.