Question about Sitka clothing

i live and Treestand hunt in Northeast Pa. Its hard to say what will keep you warm as we are all made different. Sleep hot or cold? take blood pressure meds? etc. Sitka is not made with any magic material. So don't expect an amazing experience. I have the Fanatic set its good if you not doing a long hike to your stand, but I go up a size above the waist and normal size below. What I started doing since I hike a mile to my stand is wear merino base layer and First lite obsidians in and merino top and over shirt. I pack in Kelvin pants and rain jacket. I get to my stand and put on my Kuiu down jacket and rain jacket over that and then the Kelvins go over my light weight pants. System seems to work and keep me from getting sweated up when I get to my tree. If I were to do it all over I would buy the WS kelvin (down with wind stopper) and Kelvin pants. Cabelas in Hamburg carries Sitka but not all pieces. PS stay away from any polyester base layers as the make you produce more sweat then

Try Sitka clothing on at your local store, then check on line for deals, and save some money. I enjoy all my Sitka/KUIU clothing, and feel its worth every penny. Their customer service is great. They change designs of all their gear every year. Subscribe to Midway USA for example, and you will receive notification of their clearance on some pieces of clothing, gloves, etc. Although lately, they have smaller sizes jackets/pants for discounted price. KUIU does the same, and their clothes are sized smaller also. Just my opinion, for what its worth.
Many good camo patterns that match YOUR environment you hunt in, will work. Just boils down to "movement", and good camo for your face.

i have a lot of sitka and kuiu clothing
Ive used the incinerator line in greenland for musk ox in the middle of winter
worked great

I have a few pieces. Not any of the heavy puffies, now just base layers and fleece. Had the Cold Front jacket and that was not warm while sitting, but a little too warm while moving. I hunt in VA and get hot when I move/climb into the stand. I think the Sitka is great for a lightweight, moving kind of hunter. Never tried their elevated gear.

As mentioned, I am just walking to my stand, I am going to save my money. Cheap puffies are the way to go. Cheap camo on the outside...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.