Pulling my hair out trying to find dies!

crankshaft

So I had a 6.5x284 Norma built and I've been looking for some reloading dies for the past few months and have had no luck! I've been trying Midway, Brownells/Sinclair, wholesalers like Jerrys, etc. and no one has had them in stock. Its driving me crazy. Locally no one has them either. Are there any other sites you guys can suggest that might have them? Although Im sure once I do find them in stock I won't be able to find any 6.5 bullets either, those are just as scarce. Guess I picked the wrong time to get into long range shooting :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

once i bought my first set of forsters i havent went back! world of difference to me.

I am new to reloading but started with forster dies, thats all i have for 19-223 Calhoon, 25-06, 220 Swift, and 22-250

I have made some very accurate loads with these dies without much hassle

will buy more calibers as i go

Thanks! How are the Forster dies compared to RCBS?

Their full length sizer is very good, and probably at the top of the ladder. Their seater is the best, period! Get the micrometer head for it, and specify the VLD stem. I use all the major brands, and these are the best. If you go with a bushing die, their bushings are their own design, and I wish they'd change that. But all my bushing dies sans two are Wilson's.

gary

Just tagging in, and sharing your pain. My rifle isn't here yet so a bit less pressure. Thanks it looks like you've solved my problems as well as yours.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.