Pulled Button Rifling

QC in manufacturing on a single part is not that difficult, they have the tools to do so. Failure to do so is their decision to send a barrel out of spec no matter what the spec may be for that barrel. Every barrel is a representation of their work thus if a barrel manufacturer cannot QC their own barrel to determine it doesn't meet whatever specification, good bye.

My best shooting rifle had a season long agg in my club under .5moa that was 250 5 shot groups the 10 groups that didn't count were also under the 1/2 moa. Rifle was a ppc on a model 70 my grandfather built. Barrel was a douglas. Never once did it throw a shot. People put way too much thought into their equipment selection. A good barrel with a square action bedded properly will shoot something extremely well. Take some time to find that load. Hint someone has already found it so it's not uncharted territory. Test know qualities of your selected choice and just shoot more. A .44moa Aussie record was just set at 200yds with a 22lr in tricky winds

Jud96 i believe these last 3 or 4 years Carson has brought Lilja to the next level.
The results at D.C. speak for themselves.
The vast majority of use dont even have the equipment to shoot the difference.
I've heard the same thing from other smiths. I've heard the Liljas were doing great in LR BR and when I heard they were doing good at Deep Creek, I knew they would work for whatever I was doing. I've never used any Lilja barrels before Carson took over, but from what I hear and the results I've had, he's making top tier barrels.

My go to barrel anymore is a criterion barrel blank and have a Smith turn it for me. I also have and had bartleins brux kreiger ect. I honestly can tell a difference. I shoot a lot of long range. I did switch to 2 bartleins and 1 hawkhill on my next few barrels to see the difference of my criterion same cal everything.

Who's the barrel maker in your post?
MPA
If you look at the Rifles they build, depending on the cartridge, they guarantee 3/8" MOA. I have seen a lot of them shoot Bug Holes with Match Factory Ammo and Handloads. Going to get .257 caliber barrels from them for a Hunting rig to sell, looking to build in a 25-08 or 25-284 (will probably end up keeping one for myself since I stockpiled about 1,400 Berger 133 & 135gr bullets :D ).

Back last century a guy I grew up with was building match guns for an east central PA guy who won multiple across-the-course national championships. Used Hart barrels. The ones they're building now are probably even better than they were back then. Button-rifled.
I know a lot of guys that hunt chucks with Hart Barrels in NE PA!
Tack Drivers!

MPA
If you look at the Rifles they build, depending on the cartridge, they guarantee 3/8" MOA. I have seen a lot of them shoot Bug Holes with Match Factory Ammo and Handloads. Going to get .257 caliber barrels from them for a Hunting rig to sell, looking to build in a 25-08 or 25-284 (will probably end up keeping one for myself since I stockpiled about 1,400 Berger 133 & 135gr bullets :D ).
Do you know if they sell barrel blanks?

Do you know if they sell barrel blanks?
On the site they have a link, but it shows nothing available. I would call MPA.

Clay Spencer built me a .308 with one of his indexed fluted Spencer barrel and is shoots like a house on fire to this day. If MPA is carrying the torch the Clay Spencer way the barrels will be money.

One thing is for sure; in the sense that they're all good enough, nobody is producing better barrels than anyone else.
Ever wonder why nobody comes up with an improvement?
IMO, an actual improvement would reside relatively un-noticed, in a market so saturated, and so accepted as 'good enough'.

Anyway, I believe cut rifled barrels are superior for cold bore accuracy.
Being a LR hunter, nothing else matters to me.

One thing is for sure; in the sense that they're all good enough, nobody is producing better barrels than anyone else.
Ever wonder why nobody comes up with an improvement?
IMO, an actual improvement would reside relatively un-noticed, in a market so saturated, and so accepted as 'good enough'.

Anyway, I believe cut rifled barrels are superior for cold bore accuracy.
Being a LR hunter, nothing else matters to me.
I consider myself lucky. Most of my barrels are cut, but I have a hand full of button barrels and I have never had a issue with clean bore or cold bore flyers with either type. Now cold shooter flyers may be another story. 😁

On the site they have a link, but it shows nothing available. I would call MPA.

Clay Spencer built me a .308 with one of his indexed fluted Spencer barrel and is shoots like a house on fire to this day. If MPA is carrying the torch the Clay Spencer way the barrels will be money.

Weaver93
I had the opportunity to tour the MPA facility and review the "Spencer" barrel process from start to finish along with spending time with top machinist watching barrels being chambered. Also the CNC process from a solid block of aluminum to a finished cerakoted Chassis. MPA has highest quality materials and QC second to none. Jill and I have been using MPA products for years. I didn't want to seem Bias in previous Posts because of the close relationship we have with Phil the owner of MPA. If you get a chance to get any MPA product please do so. You will be impressed!!!
Len & Jill