Proud new owner S&w 625 45 colt

I also use 13.0 grains of Blue Dot under a 270 RCBS 270 SSA cast bullet. Don't recommend that you start out there with your Smith. This load gets your attention when the hammer drops. I personally think it would stop any north American animal. Definitely not for the recoil sensitive shooter.

Have you personally used this load? I just picked a pound of cfe pistol powder today
Yes. If you need to see it in print go to hodgdonreloading.com, then pistol, then 45Colt, type in powder cfe pistol, ur bullet, it'll give many choices. They start with 8.4 go to 9.2 gr for 13,000 PSI with a 250gr lead.

Yes. If you need to see it in print go to hodgdonreloading.com, then pistol, then 45Colt, type in powder cfe pistol, ur bullet, it'll give many choices. They start with 8.4 go to 9.2 gr for 13,000 PSI with a 250gr lead.
I just loaded up a batch of 50 250 grain lead bullets with 10.0 grains of cfe-pistol. Guns in one piece and packs a punch. Burns clean and brass was tight in the cylinder. I'll do some accuracy testing Tommorow.