Primers

lefty15

I use Federal Gold Medal Match primers #215m in my .300 win. As we all know finding primers is a real challenge lately. A gun shop near by has some #215 in stock, which I am thinking of buying. If I change over to the #215 from the #215m will the change in primer have an effect on my group and velocity?

What i can tell you is only hear say ! I use the 215m also but i found some 215 i ask a friend of mine if he has used both and he said yes and he could not tell the difference in his groups ..

I would drop my charge a bit and work back up checking for pressure signs and chronographing if available. As hard as primers are to find, you should probably pick some of those up. Just what you need though, that way you'll save some for your shootin buddies.

At this stage of the primer shortage, buy them and reshoot your loads after dropping down a little bit. See if the groups, SD and ES is similary.

I ahve seen it stay the same and I have seen it change radically, so no rule as to what will happen.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.