Cratered primers ?

What velocities are you getting? For ex, are you basing "below book max" based on powder charge or velocity as well. I have several rifles that exceed book velocities with lower powder charges. Not uncommon these days with custom chambers and everybody monkeying with saami throat specs.

Lou
I thought you never exceed book velocities? Doing so would be over pressure, right?

Thats rhetorical.

I thought you never exceed book velocities? Doing so would be over pressure, right?

Thats rhetorical.
Yes that is correct. If I am hitting max velocity but at lower powder charge, will go with lower powder charge and let velocity tell me I am in max range assuming other things look ok. Point is if getting higher velocities even with below book max loads, indicative of higher pressures. In this case, the poster was not but worth asking

Lou

Shooting buddy bought a dasher. Shoots lights out but this happened yesterday. Does this mean he needs pin bushed? 9F87F8D1-C23A-4F11-82E1-D8643E030F72.jpeg

If you to accurateshooter Jerry ( Calsbad) or Paul from Pro Precision I believe is doing bushing bolts now.
I've had Jerry do some for me he does good work and quick.
I've had Paul flute some barrels his work is excellent also.
How far is your buddy bumping shoulders back?
It would be worth checking firing pin protrusion also, if its between .050 and .060 should be fine.
Bushing the bolt definitely could be your problem if everything else checks out.

If you to accurateshooter Jerry ( Calsbad) or Paul from Pro Precision I believe is doing bushing bolts now.
I've had Jerry do some for me he does good work and quick.
I've had Paul flute some barrels his work is excellent also.
How far is your buddy bumping shoulders back?
It would be worth checking firing pin protrusion also, if its between .050 and .060 should be fine.
Bushing the bolt definitely could be your problem if everything else checks out.
I don't know on the shoulder. But I will forward the rest of this to him. Thank you!