Primers

What's the difference between #34 primers and #200?
The #34 is mil-spec.

1705060163748.png

Be advised primers are classified as hazardous material & excluded from USPS shipping

#34s are supposed to have a harder cup / take a harder hit from firing pin to set off. Designed for military semi autos like M1 Garands, M14s, AR10s, etc. Those have floating firing pins, the firing pin just sits in the bolt, when the bolt goes forward fast to load new round, FP goes forward too until it bounces off primer, usually leaving minor indent.

Thats the reason why you should load from the mag on those rifles, not simply put one in chamber and let the bolt fly... bolt gets enough extra speed the firing pin -might- have enough xtra power to actually set off the round by itself, wo help from the hammer... a slamfire... very bad bc bolt may not be fully locked up, or at minimum the rifle is going off unexpectedly

#34s being harder is supposed to help prevent that (slamfires). Theyre the LR version. #41s are small rifle version for .223/5.56/AR15s etc

Be advised primers are classified as hazardous material & excluded from USPS shipping
Did I say that out loud? My bad I'd never ship them that way. 😎

Just went and checked our inventory since we have 325WSm, 270WSM but only use for hunting and then our 338LMs for target. We gave away several bricks of GM215s 2-3 years ago thinking they would be back in stock. Have not seen them in years. I did find several bricks of GM215s and LRM 215s with our other LR Primers so will be set for a while. These people that are charging crazy prices will have Karma some day. $100 a brick is crazy let alone $400. :mad:
LMAO...LMAO... 🤣....how about 80.00 / sleeve like a fellow I know paid 4 months ago!

The going rate in our area has been $80/brick when available for lrp. I was lucky enough to find 3 bricks which along with my normal stash will keep me shooting until I can't do it anymore.

For students of primers that can get past academic stuff. A Pascal is just another pressure measurement.

I use 41"s in my AR, 34's because they were available & work with ball powders, 7 1/2's with ball powder loads in my Creedmoor's (Needmore's ??) & carefully save Fed 215M's for big charges of slow burning powders in .300 WM.

That's a great deal - anything less than $100/brick is a steal today. Our prices are typically over $125/brick in my area - when available

Oddly enough - Midway automatically applied a "birthday discount" that I was unaware that I was entitled to. It was just a stroke of luck that they had a few primers when I looked for them.

I should go grab a few Lotto tickets.