Primers….looking for facts to support my crazy ideas!

nksmfamjp

Primers still not widely available outside commercial ammo. I have seen zero large rifle primers I could buy that were not a scam. So…where are they?

What do Federal, CCI, Winchester, Remington, RWS, S&B, Tula, etc say they are doing with primers? Are they being made? Are they being bought to make ammo for Ukraine? Are there huge government orders basically stopping private primer sales?

….or is it like we are lead to believe…."making more than ever"….."being bought from retailers as they are set out"…..just NEVER available when I look?

They're out there, Bass Pro has Federal Champion 210s, online, right now for $89.99.

I bought 5k Federal GM210M primers a couple months ago, online. They were $139.99 per thousand. Many commented that the price was way too high but now, rather than searching for them every day, I have them.

The confidence of having them in hand was worth more to me than more time spent searching.

The reloading market is small. All were going to ammo production. That is the reason you are seeing pistol and small rifle primers pop up. 9mm and 223 is very available and supplies have caught up. Once the larger rifle caliber ammo starts showing up you will start seeing those primers.

Primers still not widely available outside commercial ammo. I have seen zero large rifle primers I could buy that were not a scam. So…where are they?

What do Federal, CCI, Winchester, Remington, RWS, S&B, Tula, etc say they are doing with primers? Are they being made? Are they being bought to make ammo for Ukraine? Are there huge government orders basically stopping private primer sales?

….or is it like we are lead to believe…."making more than ever"….."being bought from retailers as they are set out"…..just NEVER available when I look?
Go to the online stores and place "notify me when available". Couple months ago I got a brick of CCI 200 this way. Then also got CCI 250's. Both from Reloading Unlimited.

Seeing them all over, just not a prices I am willing to support. Reloading has always gotten the excess supply of primers. When ammo sales spike primers are the first to dry up. Ammo shelves are and have been just about full for a while now. Seeing primers more and more, no limits but expensive. I wouldn't buy anything I don't need in the next 6 months right now. Better times ahead if nobody rocks the boat and people stop getting excited to pay $100/1k.

After a couple years of large rifle magnum primers being as rare as hen's teeth, Natchez has had Federal large rifle magnum primers in stock for two days now.

There all being loaded into 7.62x51, and whatever the Russians are using. Hot wars bring huge contracts. Those billions of dollars are buying a lot of ammo for Ukraine. Machine guns eat more ammo in a week than any of use use in a lifetime.

Last edited: