Pressure?

Considering this is the first accurate load I've seen with the 160 AB and with a velocity like that, being such a barrel burner, I think I'm just gonna ditch the accubond and go back with the accurate, trusty, 168 Berger that I've had good results with anyway.

Got the 160 accubond chronographed. Averaged at 3207. However, since I full sized the brass have had 0 issues with bolt lift or anything feeling like pressure or anything. 2 more range trips have shown this. 3207 seems high, but with no pressure signs, should I continue shooting the load?
velocity = pressure

Being a 7RM did the belt grow more then .001"? Measure new cases from the same bag and compare to the ones you fired. If the belt grows .001" or more your over pressure. Either way you do have extractor marks.

More powder doesn't always mean more velocity. Pressure is what creates the velocity and some guns get there with less powder. Which is a win in todays economy.

Why don't you go do a chamber cast. It's easy to do and Cerrosafe used to be available cheap from Bass Pro, Midway and all of the larger suppliers. Just follow the directions. The times need to be reasonably close for the measurements to be true. I'd do a cast all the way up to the start of the rifling just incase there's some problem there.

Can you get an acceptable accuracy result at 3150 or less to lower pressure? Anything 3000 or better is still fantastic.
My 7ss runs 160AB at 3000 with a relatively mild load of 565 and performance is great
somebody will be glad to take those 160 AB's if you sell them too

Can you get an acceptable accuracy result at 3150 or less to lower pressure? Anything 3000 or better is still fantastic.
My 7ss runs 160AB at 3000 with a relatively mild load of 565 and performance is great
somebody will be glad to take those 160 AB's if you sell them too
Acceptable accuracy. Not like the 168 Berger though. I think that's the bullet I'm going to go back too. Had really good results with it just wanted to play around with the accubond.

Hello everyone. Need some help here. I have shot 3 loads today at the range, and all three caused some sticky boat lift. I don't feel like the power charge is that high, and I'm not good at telling pressure signs by looking at the bottom of the case. In my 7RM. Thanks
My opinion: those are definite pressure signs. Your primers are flowing, the case heads have excess ejector wipe, and you have a sticky bolt. STOP.

I once made the mistake of assuming that a similar looking case was a fluke since I wasn't anywhere near the manufacturer's published maximum load. I shot the next .5gr increment and had a case head separation. Basically the pressure was so high the brass case ruptured in the chamber and all the gasses take the path of least resistance which is right next to your face. Turned out to be a 'fast' lot of powder. All the signs were there.

A small amount of ejector wipe is normal and acceptable to me, primers having flat or rounded edges are moot. Looks like there are no shortage of opinions... about 8 pages so far, but its your face that's next to ≥61,000PSI.

Last edited: