pressure gauge for reloading

Yep

I have Bill Bailey's or maybe lerch's or maybe both.

Bill couldn't get it working.

I've had no problems. I am using it for developing a frontal ignition system.

It has to be connected to a puter which isn't hard to do. Everything is USB.

Pressure curves are pretty revealing. However, unless one is really interested in more detail than is really needed the standard extraction, primer signs and a chrono are pretty darn good.

The company is good to work with. The tech guy, who hangs around here at times, is available and knows his stuff.

I learned about magnums and secondary pressure spikes while using it.

I'll be revisiting the FI shortly and will have more info one of these days.

Roy,
You have me in suspense on the frontal ignition. I want to hear the results. I read a couple of your and fiftys replys discussing it. Thanks

I ran across that product when I was trying to find somewhere to purchase and download quickload. I had not seen it mentioned here and it looked like it would be fun to play with. I was sure someone here knew the skinny on it.

So far, results are promising.

FI seems to fit only larger cartridges?

The 338 Win Mag just didn't have the capacity for it to seem to make a difference velocity wise. ESs and SDs dropped dramatically.

The 388 Rum may start to show some advantage. I havent' done much with it yet. I'll start up again in a couple of weeks.

If the 338 RUM shows promise over the 338 WIN I'll bump it up to an Edge and see what happens.

If I were a speculator I'd consider buying stock in Powder Manufacturers..........

I'm going to have to purchase a thermo sensor, one of those engine infrared jobbies for the next tests. With FI the heat seems to be more concentrated in the chamber area. I don't know if that's good or bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I suspect that the 300 RUM case cartridges will show a greater difference with FI. (338 Edge, and Kirby's AMs/AXs and the Wetherbees /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

I'll be testing FI in 270 AM but working through that small case mouth is a bit of a pain. Special tools will have to be developed to screw the tube into the primer hole threads.

Its a pretty interesting experiment. Especially when those long flash tubes are launched down range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I wonder where they go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Roy what kind of pressure are running with the 300 SMK's out of the 338 RUM.......
thumb.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.