press suggestions?

midmo

I have moved to a different town and I am currently trying to sell my house where i used to live. The only two things I left at my house reloading wise were my press and my bench. I have been loading at a friends house where I am currently. Last time I went to check on the house my press seemed to disappear. Yes this sucks but it wasnt anything super expensive but at least it worked. I am not without a pres unless it shows up somewhere when I go back this weekend. I am looking for suggestions on a new single stage press. I have looked into RCBS but I don't know which one to get. I am looking at either a single stage or possibly a turret press (all I load is rifle ammo). If there is one that I haven't stated let me know. I am not looking to break the bank. I have three kids under 3 so I am looking for something that will last but I don't want to spend $400.

I have moved to a different town and I am currently trying to sell my house where i used to live. The only two things I left at my house reloading wise were my press and my bench. I have been loading at a friends house where I am currently. Last time I went to check on the house my press seemed to disappear. Yes this sucks but it wasnt anything super expensive but at least it worked. I am not without a pres unless it shows up somewhere when I go back this weekend. I am looking for suggestions on a new single stage press. I have looked into RCBS but I don't know which one to get. I am looking at either a single stage or possibly a turret press (all I load is rifle ammo). If there is one that I haven't stated let me know. I am not looking to break the bank. I have three kids under 3 so I am looking for something that will last but I don't want to spend $400.

if all you load is rifle and you aren't loading high volume for ar's then I would stick with a single stage. Especially if you are a precision reloader.

Keeping expenses down and all you need is the press. I would look on ebay. Lots of rockchuckers there you can buy right. You can't tear one up.

All of the reloading companies make quality presses, including LEE contrary to some.
If I was going to recommend a lower priced press that will last a lifetime, it's the RockChucker. It's just a really nice press for the money. I picked one up brand new for $140.00ish.... I have two other brands of presses, a CO-AX and a Lock n Load single stage. I highly recommend the CO-AX and do not recommend the Lock n load... But for the money, the RockChucker wins the good value award....

I splurged and bought the redding T7 turret press. I do not like unscrewing my dies, and having the versatility of the turret system has really sped up my time reloading.

I highly recommend that press, very well built. Will last forever.

I have both the RCBS RockChucker Supreme and RCBS Turret. I load for LOTS of claibers and the turret press does 99% of my loading, why? Because it is fast, no screwing and unscrewing dies.
If you load a few different cartridges, the turret press is by far the best choice, it can also increase output if wanted.
The Supreme is also very good, I use mine for serious swaging and forming operation with 1" or 1 1/4" dies. If you load big cartridges, as I do, it is awesome, it does my 505 Gibbs with ease.

Cheers.
gun)

I will be keeping an eye out for a turret or single stage probably rcbs or the Redding. I really like the idea of a turret

I love my Frorester. But I wouldn't feel handicapped or deprived with just my RockChucker..
Then I see my father in law load ammo that shoots into one hole, with a 50 year old RCBS Partner..

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.