Prefit Defiance cut turned to a Terminus cut barrel

@Longtine88 curious on why you have the equipment, and knowledge, why do you order prefits?
I didn't start cutting my barrels until about 2 1/2 years ago. Started doing it on a friends lathe in a machine shop. I ordered my own equipment, tooling, measuring tools, barrel blanks, reamers etc about a year ago. Insulated a 50x50 section in my 100x50 shop, put AC/Heat in it. The prefit is from them that I never mounted from back then. It's just been sitting in the shelf. It's the only reason I didn't call them about it. Actually there are two other prefits up there that I need to get rid of. But when my uncle said 22 Creedmoor I remembered I had that barrel. Had a defiance action I could have used by that was out of the questions. Such a crappy job. The two other prefits are a 7mm 24" proof and a 28 nosler 24" proof. Need to sell them. I'm very anal and a perfectionist. Way too much such so that I spend hours in the shop at night trying new things, playing with ideas, making things to make chambering easier and more accuracy. It's a hobby really for me for a long time. I have recently applied for my class 7 FFL. I have so many people asking me now to build them a rifle. It starting only chambering barrels for them. But I want to be legal and may make a retirement business out it. I own a construction company and that's my main deal. Done well with and it bores me really so not sure how kuch longer I'm going to do it. If all I had to do was operate a bulldozer or excavator all day I would probably die in one. But I think I'd rather die working in the shop making things shoot lasers for people. Now there's my story.

Last edited:
I posted this in a convo with Jeff about him. So I'll post it here also:

My uncle was my mentor growing up. He introduced me to reloading 45 years ago at the age of 9. He took me hunting early. So did my step father but I learned a lot more from my uncle. He passed up a really nice buck this morning he said because he wanted to shoot it with the 22 creed for me. I almost cried. So when I got home I turned on the lights and went to reloading and working on the load for him. Loading 68 hammer HHT's with H4350. Should be around 3,500 fps when done. He won't shoot over 200 yards. But he did shoot a 1 hole group with a 22 LR at 50 yards at Christmas here that I barreled and made. So he could stretch it still I bet.

Last edited:
Good luck this weekend, that will make it even more special!

I did very similar. My Dad has barrel number 1 off my lathe, one day it'll come back but I sure hope that's a long time from now. He'll be 75 this month and his mileage is starting to show.

Again, good luck and I hope y'all have a great weekend.

Little update on the load work. Ended up with 42.7 gr H4350. 1.2 grains off pressure. 3,511 fps avg with an ES of 10. **** final 7 shots back into .3 moa group at 100 yards. It's gonna work for him. It's light and very handy feeling. Perfect for him. Delivering it at lunch. He will be hunting this evening. Thanks again y'all.

Glad it worked out, I hope your uncle enjoys it.

I guess I have been under a rock, before I started doing my own work, I had great luck with some lesser known smiths near to me. The 87 year old man that got me lined out would never let those things escape his door, and he couldn't see without those green magnifier goggles or his old Sherlock Holms magnifier glass.

Your uncle smoke anything with the new meat stick yet?

We have doe next weekend and I'm done.
He did shoot a hog down in the bottom. He said he would get one next year. Funny thing is he wants a range finder now the AB on board so he can dial it in........I almost lost it. So here's a 82 year old getting High Tech. Crazy. So now I'm trying to find one on the low.

He did shoot a hog down in the bottom. He said he would get one next year. Funny thing is he wants a range finder now the AB on board so he can dial it in........I almost lost it. So here's a 82 year old getting High Tech. Crazy. So now I'm trying to find one on the low.
I'm happy for both you guys!!!! Good on him for getting out!!!!