Prefit Defiance cut turned to a Terminus cut barrel

Gonna try it out in the morning. Me and the son are headed to the woods lol

IMG_2884.jpeg

If it was a Proof... I guess I am not terribly surprised.

Either way, its one of the reasons that even for my actions that take prefits, I still buy a blank and have a reputable gunsmith cut it for the action (at least still saves me having to send them the action).
It is not a proof. 6nobraC. Easiest way of saying without blasting them lol.

More out of curiosity (because I would've chucked it) can you post a picture of the final tenon?

I've learned these little one off projects are (or can be) a major time suck ;)

Sounds like the hard part is over, assuming the chamber is straight?
IMG_2879.jpeg

Only thing I didn't like is they cut a thread relief about .180" wide so the lug is floating. It is pinned since it's an Apollo. I'm gonna shoot it some and beat it around and shoot and beat it and see if it wil hold a zero. Will know by mid morning.

Yep. It was dark by the time I got home from the woods. I loaded up 10 to sight in, break in cleaning first 6 shots. Then fowled one. Last three went into the same hole at 100 yards. This rifle is for my uncle who is 82. He still hunts in the bottom woods. I built it to give to him. He's gonna shoot it until he's gone. He had been reading about the cartridge so I told him I'd make him one to hunt with. I'll deliver it to him at lunch tomorrow after I finalize the initial load for breaking in the barrel. He is hunting with it tomorrow evening.

Yes I use lights on targets to shoot at night. Especially in the summer to get away from the thermals.