Predator calling

Started calling in 1953 using a Weems Wildcall on grey foxes. Calling game is one of the most exciting things you can do! Haven't done much the last few years. I go out a couple of times each winter trying to call in mountain lion, but so far no success. Oh well, it's exciting anyway.
I have called in raccoons, bobcats, an owl, coyotes, elk (and finally arrowed a 5x5), deer (does seem more prone to coming in to varmint calls), turkeys, red fox, grey fox, farmer's dog, and one cougar I never saw. I heard a noise behind me. Turned to look, but nothing. Got up and found fresh tracks where it came in, then hurried away. All very exciting!
Varmints are easier to call today using e-callers, IMO&E. But I always carry several mouth calls, because they don't need batteries.

A couple of things that I have noticed for myself is that cats come from behind you a lot of times when the volume is higher than they like, and that with hand calls you are covering all of the ranges of their hearing, so many people are talking about the upper frequencies these days and the e-calls, but I don't hear people talking about the lower frequencies that animals use and hear that we humanoids don't. This is just my observations. I don't get out and about as much as I used to either age has it's advantages and disadvantages.

I had some success calling coyotes in Eastern Washington and western Wyoming!
One time I managed to get a three payed coyote!
Another time while I was in a small stand of timber overlooking a pond I had three coyotes approach me from behind. They got me so excited they escaped on the run towards the pond.

I had some success calling coyotes in Eastern Washington and western Wyoming!
One time I managed to get a three pawed coyote!
Another time while I was in a small stand of timber overlooking a pond I had three coyotes approach me from behind. They got me so excited they escaped on the run towards the pond.