Precision guided firearm system

The Tracking point imo is an over priced ***. All it does give you the range and dials the elevation for you. You still need to be able to read the wind.

As far as combat applications if your in a fire fight do you really think you are going to have the time to "tag" your target? same can apply in a hunting situation.

Plus the longest range model can only work out to 1200 yards, and its a .338 Lapua. The .308 win models only reach like 750 if I remember correctly. In reality, those ranges aren't all that hard to shoot with conventional equipment in those calibers. And can be done for $2000-$3000 dollars easily and for much less. On top of that, from the videos I seen, I wasn't really all that impressed with the precision of the rifles at long range. Vertical dispersion appeared to be over 1 minute.

About two years ago, my services were contracted by a premier defense contractor, to develop an advanced sighting system for my brothers in arms...

The system brought the ballistic calculation process directly into the weapon by merging real time processing and sensor data for automatic reticle correction.

Wonderful and expensive system...

Needless to say, I can engage targets at unknown distances faster with my old school methodology.

Yep, that's my mug behind the rifle..

Attachments

• banc3pawsinside.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Dont help BAE.... The devil!! Kidding I work for Northop Grumman, we bid on alot of the jobs!

YOUR OWN "PRECISION-GUIDED" SYSTEM:

I recommend:

1. Burris Eliminator III LRF rifle scope
2. Kestrel 4500 weather station WITH the Applied Ballsitics software

Do the following ->
1. range the game with the Eliminator III

and, IF THERE IS TIME:
2. input the range into the Kestrel unit
3. get the wind info with the Kestrel and read the resulting "firing solution"

IF NO TIME:
Use the Burris Eliminator III recommended hold with your estimated wind compensation. (You must 1st enter your ballistic data before going afield.)

The Kestrel 4500 with the Applied Ballistics software will give you a much better firing solution than any AIM POINT device because it takes into account MANY more environmental variables that affect bullet flight.

PLUS this setup is far less expensive and can be used with any hunting rifle.

BTW Joel, that's some bulky and heavy gear with the PAWS. What I'm suggesting is likely 1/4 that weight and bulk - but it's not "Marine Proof".

Last edited:
But Joel, the fact that PAWS senses barrel temp and accounts for it is just SO d@mn clever.

Will it sense if you fart just prior to pulling the trigger? (Hey, ya never know, the odor may make you blink and miss. ;o)

About two years ago, my services were contracted by a premier defense contractor, to develop an advanced sighting system for my brothers in arms...

The system brought the ballistic calculation process directly into the weapon by merging real time processing and sensor data for automatic reticle correction.

Wonderful and expensive system...

Needless to say, I can engage targets at unknown distances faster with my old school methodology.

Yep, that's my mug behind the rifle..
Small world. I wondered what happened to that system.

Hey Joel, if you hurry you might just be able to have one of these things in time for
bear season. Even just the scope might help.
Sorry but i just couldnt help myself lol.

Everyone is a comedian...

In case you haven't heard, I cut my ties a while back. I don't tolerate liars!

Litehiker I would like to respond to your post. I noticed you said "If you have time" well their is a solution to that. Nick has released Kestrel Companion which is a mirror image of the Kestrels data with the ability to input range from your phone. It doesn't allow you to adjust profiles, and requires that your weapons profile already be built on the Kestrel, but it does give you a real time data feed from the Kestrel and allow you to quickly input a range, and receive a firing solution.

Applied Ballistics Support Staff
[email protected]

Technology is good to a point. I can range with Mils but with modern range finders so inexpensive and accurate it's just more efficient to use the . Although I used to find ranging with mils more satisfying. BTW this system does more then stated, releases the sear at the right time when on target. In 10 year these wil be common until the states legislate no hunting with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.