Pre 64 Winchester

It's nice that you can get a pre'64 new production. We'll the Winchester site states you can, but unsure about if all chamberins are available? Not sure if you can get both pre and post models tho? My dad's pre'64 I know for a fact it is a pre due to it was his 1st rifle purchase after graduating HS in '61. Numbers match thankfully on the 264wm. BTW, I still have that gun. A little beat up, but still shoots good.

Well it shoots the way it is so we are going to shoot it.

My original post was about the center screw being missing, I should have left out the pre 64 part cuz thats what everyone wants to focus on.

I guess from what was stated earlier is that the action only needs the front and rear screws.

Thanks for the help fella's
Lots of people just snug the middle screw. I would think it would be better with it than not but probably fine without. Just my 2 cents worth.
As far as the BOSS, I really like them. They just plain work. In my experience with some patience and experimentation you can probably get it to shoot even better.

Oh! My mistake! I didn't read your post correctly. You said 1 hole groups. I took it as 1" groups.
That will be hard to improve on!!!

oh

It's already been covered, but that center screw is just to hold the front of the trigger guard. It should only be snugged, not torqued like the front and rear action screws. You can actually make it shoot like crap by over tightening/ torqueing the center screw.

I put one piece bottom metals on my M70s to eliminate the variable. No center screw.

I have those centre screws here, they are a slotted screw and I swap out all of them for an Allen head screw. I will look, but I have a feeling all of mine are stainless.

Cheers.