Power Aisle Ultimate Sighting Rest

pjtruesd

Does anyone have experience with the above or knowledge of it? I would like to take the shakey human (me) out of the equation for load testing. Cabelas is selling them.

Jim

Jim,
Here's a picture of the one I have, it appears they have changed the design slightly by the other picture on their home page. http://www.lahticompany.com/operating.html

The original design appears to have been sold, or copied from the Lahti Rifle Evaluator. Looks like the one in Cabella's is $100 cheaper than I paid for mine a few years ago.

It works great, eliminates recoil and is very stable with real fine adjustments. If you put a pad on the back of it like I did mine, it works great to shoot from like any other one piece rest does, only virtually no recoil at all.

I don't use the trigger activation plunger but I still have it some place. It's basically a machine rest when it's used, nothing I can't do with my finger though... it's a really solid rest and worth the money. I bought mine when I started developing loads for my 416 WBY which has no brake on it, whick kicks a bit more than a 223 when you're sittin behind it in that thing.

I do all my drop and group testing from a normal rest after I have a good load because it will recoil differently which changes POI.

I can tell you right now that the front strap on the one in Cabella's is not needed at all. I don't even use a strap on my 300 Ultra, the 416 has a bit bigger temper though. Mine came with the rear strap only.

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited by: Brent Moffitt ]

I just ordered it today. They say it is limited to 50 lbs of recoil. According to their charts that would be a 375H&H 300 gr at 2700 fps. I figured there would be some fudge factor built in.

416 Wby? Ouch! You are a stud.

Jim

Jim,

I'm not sure these use the same exact shock but, mine is plenty strong for the 416, with extra to spare, hope you get the same shock... I never did get the magnum shock. At full recoil this one has about 3" of travel left in it, so it was plenty... no sign if wear on the shock yet either.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.