• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder

Trad_man

Looking for Norma powder.
I've got a couple of loads id like to try an its calling for Norma mrp.. i can't find it anywhere.. any ideas?
Keep in mind im new to this an don't really know what compatible.

Attachments

• 20210322_190104.jpg
    20210322_190104.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 36
Looking for Norma powder.
I've got a couple of loads id like to try an its calling for Norma mrp.. i can't find it anywhere.. any ideas?
Keep in mind im new to this an don't really know what compatible.
In this market you don't want to "get married" to any one particular powder.
It's best to list your cartridge, what bullet you'd like to shoot and ask the group if they have load suggestions or pet loads for what you want to do.
Develop a list of powders to look for, so you are ready to buy when a powder comes into stock.
Also having the "Burn Rate Chart" at your fingertips will help you decide when certain powders come up for sale.

RL22 is right there on the burn chart next to it.... probably worth a shot if u can find some.

RL22 and N560 are made from the same base powder as MRP, which is RS70(Reloder Swiss). However, Imr7828, Magpro, RL26, N565, and the old discontinued AA3100 are all very close. Minimums and maximums are usually within a grain and a half with all of them.

In this market you don't want to "get married" to any one particular powder.
It's best to list your cartridge, what bullet you'd like to shoot and ask the group if they have load suggestions or pet loads for what you want to do.
Develop a list of powders to look for, so you are ready to buy when a powder comes into stock.
Also having the "Burn Rate Chart" at your fingertips will help you decide when certain powders come up for sale.
thanks for answering, like i said im new to this and im loading for Ruger 6.5 prc 24" barrel, im wanting to try two different bullets and load out of this gun. 1 bullet is the Hornady 143gr ELD-X .0264. and the 0ther bullet is Nosler Accubond140gr .264 spitzer. I've got once fired Hornady 6.5prc brass 100ct. and then i have 100ct. New Nosler factory blems. to load. the load data ive seen say that the Norma Mrp would work for both loads?? an thank you all for any help with this. for im learning this..

I would think so, the case fill just isn't as good. May have a slightly higher SD.

Recent Posts