Powder Varget & H 4831SC At Hodgon

that went quick. keep showing stock / out of stock when you refresh

1620059523824.png

I was on their website at 12:15 PM today trying to get the powder it said was avaliable. I called and spoke with a very nice lady and she told me that they were having issues and IT was trying to reslove it. (I posted powder avilable on LRH hoping some else could get in) I asked for 8 pounders and she said that they are only selling 1 pounders. She could have got me 2 lbs of Varget, but I said no thank you. $41 per lb so $82 for two lbs and $40 shipping/hazmat. $122 for two or $61.00 a pound. I memtioned that I know why they are limiting ammounts sold, but selling one pound at a time, with much higher prices than retailers, pluse the HIGH shipping and Hazmat is really hurting us shooters. Plus you can only buy once a month. I said Hodgon should put out 8 pounders and it would be a little better to even out the shipping and hazmat. At least they are selling some powder.
I refuse to pay really inflated prices. Don't need it that much and won't perpetucate the inflated prices. It is "Supply and Demand". Low supply and high demand = HIGH PRICES. Take " high Demand" out of the equation and prices come down.
I know I memtioned about Hodgon selling powder directly from the manufacture should be less expensive. I had other members said that Hogon should not sell at all on the open market and should be giving that powder to the LGSs in the areas. The problem with that is a lot of LGS get the powder and either the owners/employees keep it for their friends or put it on GB. So it never hits their shelves.

I went to a LGS where I know the owners very well, They mark everything in the store up 10%, that is their profit margin and they assured me that powder prices and HazMat fee's are still the same, I did not ask him who his supplier was out of respect but I will assure you if he said it that it's the truth, They like everyone else are having trouble finding it but he had a shipment come in while I was there of Staball 6.5 and when he put them out on the floor the price tag was $212.00 plus tax, Honest folks who refuse to take advantage of anyone, I may one day have to pay an outrageous price for something but not in the foreseeable future, we need not to forget the folks that took advantage when times are tough

I went to a LGS where I know the owners very well, They mark everything in the store up 10%, that is their profit margin and they assured me that powder prices and HazMat fee's are still the same, I did not ask him who his supplier was out of respect but I will assure you if he said it that it's the truth, They like everyone else are having trouble finding it but he had a shipment come in while I was there of Staball 6.5 and when he put them out on the floor the price tag was $212.00 plus tax, Honest folks who refuse to take advantage of anyone, I may one day have to pay an outrageous price for something but not in the foreseeable future, we need not to forget the folks that took advantage when times are tough
BB thats GREAT that you have some good people at your LGS. Selling an 8 pounder for $212.00 is a fair price in these times. Most of the LGS in my area are Pawn shops selling guns. I know several of them never have anything on their shelves, but have accounts on GB with powder, primers,and ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.