Powder Measuring and Dispensing?

All powder throws are volume based that I am aware of. There is a certain skill or learning curve to running one well, but I feel it greatly speeds up my reloading process. There is even an argument that reloading by volume is more accurate than by weight, this I have no beta testing to confirm or deny but I do get good results with my powder throw. I spend a lot of time looking for the center of accuracy nodes be that threw OCW, Ladder, and chrony testing or some combination of the three. I do this to minamize accuracy changes because of slight diffrences in powder volume or weight, powder lot, temperature both ambient and barrel. What I don't want is a load that shoots one hole groups but if powder is changed .1gr up or down it opens up to 1" groups or POI moves at all. I like the OCW method because you can visual see the node as you progress up in charge weights this when combined with a chrony will very quickly show the nodes. The nice thing about low SD/ES chrony numbers are they completely remove the weakest link in the system me.

I use a beam scale and a targetmaster trickler. This has a sensor that reads the position of the beam scale and stops it at the zero mark every time. Using h4895 it measures to o.1 grains. With ball powder like h335 it's on the money every time. Look them up. It is the best reloading tool I have in my Arsenal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.