Powder Availability?

Zep

Anyone heard anything regarding powder availability.

I don't know if it's true but I heard somewhere Hodgdon had 300,000 lbs waiting to clear customs, does anyone know anything about this, is this true?

Rumor has it there was a bunch of Varget at the local Bass Pro yesterday, but it had vanished by this morning. If this urban legend is true, it would be the first Varget around here in months.

I hope your rumor is true!

I actually believe that it will come back around after a while just like it did last time. The problem is...as long as you have a anti-gun viewing politician in office, this will keep happening over and over again. And everytime that it happens, it will get worse and worse. Its a sad thing but the U.S. people are getting more and more liberal and used to letting the government run over them. One of these years, I actually do think the majority of the NEW ERA SOFTIES will get this stuff passed.

PS...I just got 8lbs of H1000 and H4831SC from Powder Valley. It arrived at my house yesterday. Would be nice if you could just go to the local shops and pick it up but you cant right now.

Korhil - I am in full agreement.

Stopped by my local dealer today and he said it appears the Hodgdon rumor is true.

I have heard a few times of rumors that lots of powder is sitting at customs waiting to get thru... I have no idea if it is true or not. Rumor and conjecture is so prevalent now that Hodgdon.com even has a statement on their website about the current ammo/component crisis or buying surge. It is an interesting and short read:
http://www.hodgdon.com/PDF/Web Page Buying Surge.pdf

i need help.i have 1.1/2 MOA acraccy with 56g vith n160 130g searra game king cci200 win case 3.280OALwith 2900 fps velocity in my 270win model70 22"bll.can i geat mor velocity with same or better acraccy? thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts