Powder/Primer Availability?

That was my exact experience yesterday. To be fair, I had never been to Scheels before but I really liked the store. My wife and I had a date night without the kids so it might've just been the bliss of not yelling at children, stop touching stuff, put that down, be quiet, stop running, etc... that made it such a nice evening!
I love the theme and the patriotic atmosphere there, but their pricing is out the roof on some items. Maybe they just carry such high end items? Cater to the high end customers?

They went down a notch in my book when they just in the last month pulled powder pricing off the internet to allow their store managers to set the price to whatever they can get. So its not even consistent store to store.

Ordered 4 pounds of StaBALL from Midsouth. Thank you!
If you use the CCI mil spec (#34 I think) with the StaBALL you will get faster velocities than what Hogdgon posts on their site, so don't be too alarmed. For my 22" barreled AR10 with Peterson brass 2800ish FPS seems to be the best velocity node with the 135 grain ATIP. If you can get your hands on some federal match primers you will probably get better results than I am getting with the CCI primers.

You're lucky if you made it to January 2021 before you experienced the shortage. I believe for most people it started at the beginning of Covid or even before.... And I guess I don't see what it really has to do with politics, other than irrational emotions, at this point. I do know that since Covid (early 2020) and the riots of a couple summers ago, there are a whole lot more gun owners now....
One of the political aspects is all the free money that the Dems. are paying people not to work. The ships come to port but they don't have enough people to get products unloaded. Also, the environmental regulations placed on semi trucks keeps truckers from hauling in or out of California. Then there is the problem with fuel prices........