Possibly Oregon shoot

Discussion in 'West' started by Yotebuster, Jan 4, 2018.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Yotebuster

Yotebuster Well-Known Member

Putting feelers out our gun club in Lakeview is considering putting on a long range steel challenge. Just checking to see what kinda response-turnout we might get

Say like 6-8 stations 1 day shoot either drive or walk between stations not sure on details anybody that has done a few and has good idea’s pm me if you like

2. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. I like that area in the spring.

3. Gwine

Gwine Well-Known Member

Sounds fun. Never been to an organized shoot. Depending on when, may be interested.

4. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Devils always in the details, dates etc., and how casual the event is.

5. DR 3006

DR 3006 Well-Known Member

I haven't been to a organized shoot before, not sure I would participate but would be interested in coming to watch

6. BallisticsGuy

BallisticsGuy Well-Known Member

You'll get little or none as far as commitments with that level of detail. I compete all up and down the west coast and I have property in OR so I'd be down to go but you need some course of fire description, entry fee $$$ amount, prize table information (if applicable), scheduling information, division/class descriptions, etc...

Make with the deets. I'll betcha get 35-50 guys if you have a good course of fire, inexpensive entry fee and a weekend (Saturday) shoot.

If you want to discuss how to put on a proper shoot PM me a phone number and I'll give you all the info you need to run a successful event. You really need to start with insurance. Someone needs to have graduated from an NRA safety or instructors course so they can get some NRA insurance. Once you have that then you can start thinking about people with guns showing up. Until you do that, don't even bother starting. You'll be risking financial futures without insurance.

Barrelnut likes this.
  7. Yotebuster

Our club is checking on insurance to shoot in forest not at range hence why no more information until we find out if we can do it for sure

Our insurance is through NRA. not our first shoot, just usually have them at our range and need to use USFS land for this one so working on day use permit too

Thanks for info will keep ya in mind if I could use some more ideas especially on classes or divisions

Dan

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  8. MountainBlacksmith

MountainBlacksmith Member

im about 40 minute drive from lakeview. please post details and any info on prizes and what the numbers of participants look like, id be interested...

Heck i may even hike 2 hours of trails to lakeview and tire myself out to give the rest of you a sporting chance of out shooting me.

care if i bring my muzzleloader?

26Reload likes this.
  9. Yotebuster

Found out a no go the president of club checked on insurance and sounds like it will not work and they decided not to no go any further with it

To bad would be fun

10. DR 3006

DR 3006 Well-Known Member

That's too bad