Possible fix for my ES woes

Has this rifle acted this way from new?
Well,, I'd have to say, yes. Accuracy has never been consistent. Two shots , three,, sometimes 4 shots will group well, then a string of fliers . Mostly I been chalking it up to me. I only just acquired a chronograph. I realized that telling myself I didn't need one was pure fantasy. Thanks again.
Gregg

A very good long range shooter once told me if you really want to check the accuracy of your rifle fire a ten shot group. The fliers you're getting might be inside its grouping ability. I tried it by firing one shot and waiting till the barrel cooled since I was interested in cold bore shooting. The 5/16" three shot groups became a 15/16" group.

1231171615.jpg

100 yds. Each cluster is an aim point. Last three shots, at duct tape 5th line from the top. Was tickled pink with the two touching, then the last one got away from me. Think I might sand bag up next time out. Get a really good impression of the equipment capabilities. I am thinking most of this is organic. Me. Input ? Comments welcome. Thanks.
Gregg

Seems to me there is a lot horizontal in those groups. That last duck tape group would have been great without the horizontal. Your right, horizontal can be organic. I think it is a good idea to "bag" it up. That might get the horizontal out of the groups. Check out these shooting bags in the video. They are awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.