POLL: Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

• MOA Turrets and MOA Reticle

• MIL Turrets and MIL Reticle

• Mil Dot Reticle with MOA Turrets

• MOA Reticle with MIL Turrets

Results are only viewable after voting.
The primary purpose of Mils was range finding. Having a Mil reticle gives me a backup in case my laser rangefinder doesn't work ( batteries, electronics etc.). My dope card has MOA for elevation and Mils for wind holdoffs. I only have to dial-up for elevation and quickly hold off in Mils for wind. I don't find it confusing at all. I agree that having MOA-MOA or MIL-MIL makes a lot of sense but I have a backup for range estimation.

The primary purpose of Mils was range finding. Having a Mil reticle gives me a backup in case my laser rangefinder doesn't work ( batteries, electronics etc.). My dope card has MOA for elevation and Mils for wind holdoffs. I only have to dial-up for elevation and quickly hold off in Mils for wind. I don't find it confusing at all. I agree that having MOA-MOA or MIL-MIL makes a lot of sense but I have a backup for range estimation.
I fully understand your reasoning for range finding. For wind hold offs a MOA reticle with the right dope can do the same thing. If you are trained and practice with both then of course it would not be confusing but it is obvious that most shooters use one or the other. I know both but to change the thought process quickly is not real easy. I put a fresh battery in my range finder before I hunt.

Mil dot reticle and MOA turrets. I have both MIL/MIL and MIL/MOA and love the Mil dot scopes for ranging. But knowing the ballistics of your round makes holds, both over and under, makes me a better shot.

I have used and only owned scopes with MOA adjustments. I just recently bought my very first tactical scope for hunting. After MUCH research and consideration I decided to go with a Mil-Dot reticle and it only makes sense then to use Mil turrets.

I chose MIL/MIL because I absolutely love the Nightorce clear mil-dot reticle.

I have used and only owned scopes with MOA adjustments. I just recently bought my very first tactical scope for hunting. After MUCH research and consideration I decided to go with a Mil-Dot reticle and it only makes sense then to use Mil turrets.

I chose MIL/MIL because I absolutely love the Nightorce clear mil-dot reticle.
What do you love about the mildot reticle and how many times have you used it in an actual hunting situation.

NO this is not a test. There are several well known optic companies that make a MOA/MIL scope. I just wanted to know how many of you readers use a scope like this and why.
I use mil reticle/ moa turret scope. I use it because it's the only scope that I could get where the reticle is accurate at 10 power. Some of my shots at varmints are quick shots so I hold over. I shoot varmints on 10 power. My ballistics chart gives me data in both mil and moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.