POLL - Best do all camo for all hunting

What is your preferred do-all camo pattern for all types of hunting in the US?

• Mossy Oak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASAT

• Sitka

• First Lite

• Kuiu

• Realtree

• Predator

• Military Digital (MARPAT, etc?)

• Flannel and blue jeans

• Total voters
Not even close, ASAT I've had the leafy suit for over 20 years absoutly amazing. I also bought quite a bit of ASAT from First Lite when they started. I haven't bought anything since they changed to there own camo. Most camo are like fishing lures, there made to catch the fishermen.

In my younger years, I never wore camo just heavy duty warm clothing for the fall hunt. As the years went by I started wearing camo because the hunting was in the tree line. Especially important turkey hunting because of how good their eyesight is. Because the fall weather often is very cold I wear camo layers because I have them. I don't think it really makes a difference in how many deer you kill.
Camo has turned into a fashion show these days. It is all about scent and movement in my opinion. I really do like the Mossy Oak and Realtree clothing because they blend into the forest where I live now.

I think, just my personal opinion, the big factor is to break up your profile/outline. Go for colors & shading that blends in with background, like urban camo would not be a good choice in sandland settings . Avoid silhouetting your body against a light background, Make your body look like nothing different. A big factor, in my thinking, is to avoid reflective surfaces & laundry detergents that contain "brighteners" that are intended to make you look nice but reflect light. Be unobtrusive & blend in with your background.

I even wear camo in my blind.😊

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg
    540.2 KB · Views: 17
Not a huge fan of camo, but if I do wear it it's Nat Gear and or Prairie Ghost. I find other clothing that's comfy and yet good in weather.

For pants, I like Prana I pick them up on sale at REI.

After hearing a story about a kid who got shot at while wearing a yellow rain slicker on a turkey hunt, I wear camo to hide from others.

Where I hunt in southern NM, dark woods camo stands out like you're wearing black when you're crossing an open meadow. The old chocolate chip military camo from the first Iraq war works very well in open country.

For rifle hunting, I believe the idea is to break up the human shape. Tiny leaf patterns don't do that. I usually wear different top and bottoms to help break up the shape.

Military clothing quality gets better every year. Now they come with insect repellent. The Air Force digital camo is pretty good as a general camo, but it doesn't break up your shape very well. You can't beat the Goodwill price for used camo.

Recent Posts