Best bow for long distant hunting

Nino

I currently have a Mathews Switchback and was thinking of upgrading to the Z7. I'm going on a Mule deer bow hunt in Dec and need to reach out to 65-70 yards, might need something a little quicker, any thoughts?

It is more in how you shoot the bow and tune on equipment, than a said particular bow. I just picked up a new bow, my other is 4-5 yrs. old, took alittle to work into new set up. Draw curve,valley,etc are all a bit different. Once spring hits I do most range work at 50-100 yrds, but I have range in back yard. I practice 95% broadheads before season, I have a bow that is always set up for broadheads only. I number and test all for hunting.

Take a look at APA Innovations. They actually manufacture the fastest bow on the market. They have some very nice innovations that others could have brought out, but didn't. The more I learn about them, the more I like them. I have shot one, and was VERY impressed. They are super quiet, and smooothe as silk.

What you have is more than enough but most bow shooters shouldn't be shooting 70 yards as I have seen very few that can do it well. Just like most or avg shooters can't shoot well past a few hundred yards. Practice out past that with broad heads and dont focus on speed. Like with LR guns heavier arrows will penetrate better and I have seen the very fast very light arrows bounce off deer 70 lb good bow on more than one occasion. I am not advocating a sleeved 1000 grab arrow like I have used for buffalo but don't go too light. It's all about practice. Remember you don't have a rest you are shooting offhand with no magnification and wind affects an arrows lot a those ranges let's say feet so practice in wind and from awkward positions.
Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.