Polimer lowers

MachV

Picked up an 80% lower a few years ago and made a cheap little 223 out of it. Picked up an AR57 upper last month a
DAD9A7A1-90CA-4B3A-B319-2195EDE41658.jpeg
nd figured the polimer lower would be ideal for it. I guess I was wrong!
9EE4D219-51D5-4E13-925F-6DBFED7DBDF6.jpeg

The case was straight walled but other than that no worries. Only out the $25 and my time to finish and paint it, all the lower parts can be used to build another lower.......probably just build another Anderson lower as they have held up well even with the 450 Bushmaster.
The polymer lower had somewhere around 1000 223 rounds through it before I put the 5.7x28 upper on it. It failed on the fifth round. Kinda figured the polymer lower was a little weak hence my reason for putting the light recoiling 5.7 upper on it?

Well--- since it never mated up correctly I never would have shot it to begin with. If you are gonna do a poly lower I feel they need the metal inserts in the buffer tube area and the rear pin area....guess you learned your lesson too 😉

I'd say 80% poly would be and a terrible manufacturing process. They'll take your money as for there is no warrantee or guarantee. I have several ar15 poly lowers (none 80%) and they do have metal reenforced stress areas. I've had 1 for 5+ years and not a single issue with it. I just received a Kaiser receiver set, but haven't assembled it yet. Trying to decide on configuration? 1 of my poly lowers has a binary trigger in it and no issue with it.