Podcasts

meateater for sure is my favorite, leupold has a decent one called core insider. the nock on podcast with Dudley is great too but is bow hunting.

Jesus. This is sad to see so many hunters still supporting Meateater and steve rinella. He literally sold meateater to a company that sponsors anti gun legislation. Not to mention the things hes said about how people should not be able to own ARs. Its sad how many people still support anti hunting and anti gun companies.

I didn't know that. Maybe he doesn't know what 2a was really for. I certainly don't agree with him on that but he's the only resource I've found that helps me use more of the animals I harvest. I can't cook worth the crap so I turn to his stuff a lot.

Jesus. This is sad to see so many hunters still supporting Meateater and steve rinella. He literally sold meateater to a company that sponsors anti gun legislation. Not to mention the things hes said about how people should not be able to own ARs. Its sad how many people still support anti hunting and anti gun companies.
Where did he say that? He had the one NPR interview where he said he wasn't interested in AR-15s, and that's all I can find. That's a pretty neutral statement.

I like guys who try to make a point! I like Alex Jones..A lot!

If you like Alex Jones, check out when Rogan had him on his podcast, 2 different episodes. Definitely entertaining.

Also Joe Rogan has had local NW Bow hunter Cameron Hanes on several times. They are buddies and hunt together, they are good episodes.

Jesus. This is sad to see so many hunters still supporting Meateater and steve rinella. He literally sold meateater to a company that sponsors anti gun legislation.

What company?

[Edit]: I did find this, about the Chernin Group owning controlling stake in the company.

Not to mention the things hes said about how people should not be able to own ARs. Its sad how many people still support anti hunting and anti gun companies.

I have found this interview, but he doesn't say anything like that. Is there another interview you can cite?

Thanks!

Edited to add:

I found this response from Rinella about this topic:
https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/force-cdn/highwinds/meateater/StevenRinellaResponds.m4a

Last edited:
Joe is usually really laid back on his podcasts especially compared to his ufc work.
I really like his show with certain guests. He has a lot of stuff on health and fitness. I'm kinda a geek when it comes to science stuff and he has a lot of good experts come on. But man I could listen to Steve on his show ever day.

I get a lot out of the following hunting podcasts:

Jay Scott outdoors - Western hunting
KIFARU
Gritty Bowman
Interviews with the hunt masters - Western hunting
Muley Freaks
Gunwerks - lots of good shooting advice
Epic Outdoors - Western hunting
Hunt Backcountry
Eastman's Elevated
Lone Star Outdoors
Wired to Hunt
Hunt Talk Radio - Randy Newberg

I stopped listening to Meateater when a prominent guest said we should not have exited the Paris Climate Accord, then there was no rebuttel or pushback or discussion from the host. So you let someone make a blatant political remark and just go ok on to the next subject. I think the pure hunting info on Meateater is great, I really liked their hunting story approach but the passive aggressive political stuff in the background is too much for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.