PLEASE take a look at this link and let me know what you think

If the rifle shoots to an acceptable degree of accuracy then I would ignore the copper wash that is seen at the muzzle. You can literally clean barrels to death if you over do it or use poor cleaning technique.

For really stubborn copper fouling I recommend alternating between a chemical cleaner (like CR-10 or Sweets) and a mechanical cleaner (like JB). Alternating between the two methods will remove all copper at some point.

You may also want to try "Wipe Out". Spray the foam in and leave it for several hours. Patch it out and inspect the bore. If fouling isn't completely gone, spray again and leave overnight. Wipe Out is safe for the bore and requires no scrubbing or brass brushing.

Clean her with some Kroil and JB paste first, then let some "TM" sit in the barrel for a while and then some clean patches, repeat until the "BLUE" stops..the TM will take care of all your copper problems in short order..amazing stuff that "TM".

Try scrubbing your barrel with sweets using a bronze brush. I know it will eat away the brush a little. Keep putting sweets on every 2nd time you poke it out the muzzle for several strokes. Get the barrel full of blue goop from one end to the other. Let it sit for 15 min. Meanwhile clean your brush with carb cleaner, and set that brush aside and only use it for sweets. Use should get about 5 uses out of it before it starts getting too loose in the bore. After 5 min. push a patch soaked in Hydrogen peroxide very very very slowly down the barrel. It should take over a minute to push patch through. When you get about 2 in. from the muzzle you will see it start to foam out blue and yellow gunk. Push it all the way through. Use a second patch soaked in hydrogen peroxide but a little faster. Then finish up with a couple of dry patches. I would be very surprised if you had any copper left. The hydrogen peroxide helps to suspend the copper in its liquid state a while longer until you can get it out of the bore.
Good luck!!

Custom built hunting and target rifles
Specializing in long range accuracy
[email protected]

[ QUOTE ]
TM solution is great stuff and should do the job just fine. Wipe Out is as good but messier to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wipeout is not messy at all after you learn how to use it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Get some 3/8" OD vinyl tubing from the hardware store (1/4" ID)

This will fit the nozzle perfectly and allow you to seal it off in the chamber. NO MESS! just some spagetti from the muzzle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Dont waste your time. I am with Ric Horst on this one. JB bore paste will QUICKLY take out all copper and other fouling for that matter. The hardest part about using JB is getting the paste completly out. Thats where I start to use solvents. To get the paste out that is. Use a small amount of oil on the same patch as JB to eliminate the ever so slow wear on the barrel JB can cause.

I assume this the TM bore cleaner from Sinclair? I gave mine away since it did not seem to clean anything. I went back to Barnes CR-10. I put TM down the bore of the 300 Weatherby or 2506 and no blue patches. Put CR-10 down the bore, blue patches and then clean.

Was I not leaving the TM in long enough?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.