Pint Sized Game Changer

DanWyo

I usually shoot off my pack and/or trekking poles with the wiser precision quick stix. Looking for more options and stability. Anyone have experience with the pint sized game changer as a front bag in the backcountry?

assuming you're gonna use git-lite it'll be fine. but for the very minor weight penalty a schmedium may me a bit better. don't see many pint sized anymore

depending where you are you could carry it with no fill and just add some dirt/sand/whatever is in your hunting area when you're on location and need to use it

I've found that an ARCA with tripod is the best option above a prone position. If you get a tripod with a ball mount than can go flat, then a bipod only offers a quicker deployment speed. That said, its not a light weight combo like a Javelin bipod or pack option.

assuming you're gonna use git-lite it'll be fine. but for the very minor weight penalty a schmedium may me a bit better. don't see many pint sized anymore

depending where you are you could carry it with no fill and just add some dirt/sand/whatever is in your hunting area when you're on location and need to use it
Do you think the animal will wait while he fills it when he needs it?

Do you think the animal will wait while he fills it when he needs it?
depends on the scenario honestly

if you're hiking quite a few miles in and then not moving much why carry the extra 2-3 pounds and volume from the start

it really depends on what type of hunt and where doesn't it?

I've got a front bag/rest that is giving up the 'sand'....thinking of using spray foam and set stock inside to give the correct sitting form....

The problem is versatility (sitting vs. prone), stability, weight, and speed of deployment, and probability of use.

Considering all of the above, I have found the optimal soultion is a home made walking sticking with two extra legs slight shorter than the main stick to use as a sitting tripod and a 45 to 50 liter pack to act as a strong side elbow support. I also keep a small camping inflattable pillow in the pack and after my gear is in it, I blow up the pillow to the desired size make sure the pack is "firm enough" to support my rear elbow.

I keep my packable rain jacket in an outer pocket and if I go prone, I use the day pack as the front rest and the rain jacket as a rear bag.

The above is not perfect but has been the most optimal for me.

V8PjUtul.jpg

Last edited: