Pictures of annealed brass

Korhil78

Can you guys help me out and post some pics of your annealed brass before and after? I just got the benchsource annealer in last week and have been practicing with it on old brass. I think that I have it down but I want to see some pics from you all. Thanks!

All annealed brass won't look alike, so don't try to go by the color after you anneal it. There are many factors as to why it won't all look the same... The thickness of the brass, the different metalic "recipe" that different companies use, how clean brass is when you start, how much heat you put on the neck and shoulder... many different factors.

BE CAREFUL! I see that you are practicing on old brass, thats a great idea. Get a couple bottles of tempilaq in different temperatures and practice with that. Figure out just how much time it takes to anneal your particular brass before you start reloading it again. I am sure some on here will also offer better suggestions, BK.

what sized case? and are you around 6.5 on the duration?

Here are some 338-378 I did. Please note that I have found the cleaning method also affects the shade after annealing.

Jeff

DSC03045Small.jpg

I recommend you check out Ken Light's website. No matter what annealer or technique you use there is some very good information there

It looks like a sweet setup! Takes the inconstant's out of the equation. Every round gets the exact preset time under the heat and cooling off.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.