Pet loads for a 338 win. mag

CPerkins

Alright I tried factory and got a 1.067" group @ 100 yards. Thats not going to cut it in my book. So I know many of you have loads that always seem to shoot well. Just looking for a starting point. Thanks

I use RL19 and 225 gr TSX's. I am over book, but RL19 always seems to be slower than published. Before I get flamed let me say that when I get a new bottle I always start back within book loads and load one cartridge at a time until I get back to my load, looking for pressure signs and watching velocity.

Anyway, my load is 75.5 gr RL19 Norma brass Fed 215M for 2835 fps.

73.5 gr IMR 4831 with the 200gr Speers gets me 3000 fps and 1/2 MOA groups. I mostly use AA2700 because I can dump it, but I do not have my data with me to give you the load. I am using H4350 with the 180 gr NABs currently to work up a load. I am hoping to get close to 3200fps, but I have not chrono'd the loads I have left to test just yet. Some 250 SMKs are in the mail as we speak for testing/playing too.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.