Peregrine Bullets?

They just hit the market six months ago... you (FEENIX) were on it. I read that post but didn't catch it. Never heard of them until this recent elk hunt, turns out I know Sam and Scott McGuire. These guys are super solid and hunt hard, Sam's been guiding since he was 17. I witnessed the 160g Copper Rose drop a big bull elk in its tracks at 540 yards. The shot was made by a twelve year old from a 28 Nosler, Sam's rifle. Ordered my first batch the moment I got home. I'm a Barnes, Hammer and Hornady fan... they all work great. I'm looking forward to trying out the Copper Rose!

good bullets terminally speaking, culled around 40 red deer with them in a 6.5-284 and was always happy with performance. They always gave adequate wound channels, pulverised vital organs so I've no doubt they where operating as intended despite not ever recovering one. They where a little tricky to get to shoot and never changed my world accuracy wise but that might be my isolated example in one rifle. They are becoming popular here in the U.K. and get a few clients a year using them.

I attempted to contact Peregrine Bullets about 2 weeks ago via e-mail to ask if they have a US distributor. I have not received any response as of today.
I think Alliwyn is the ceo of peragrine bullets and is on this forum

They just hit the market six months ago... you (FEENIX) were on it. I read that post but didn't catch it. Never heard of them until this recent elk hunt, turns out I know Sam and Scott McGuire. These guys are super solid and hunt hard, Sam's been guiding since he was 17. I witnessed the 160g Copper Rose drop a big bull elk in its tracks at 540 yards. The shot was made by a twelve year old from a 28 Nosler, Sam's rifle. Ordered my first batch the moment I got home. I'm a Barnes, Hammer and Hornady fan... they all work great. I'm looking forward to trying out the Copper Rose!
I have a few correspondences with Sam, and he seems to be a nice guy.

I saw these bullets and thought looked interesting. They do not have the petaled front after deforming like typical monos that shed their petals. I would prefer that as should cause more damage at the expense of some pentration

Lou

I'm not into monos but my thoughts on this would be why get into a bullet that is gonna be super hard to get when there are so many other great options at your finger tips.
Many feel mono's are superior to most others because they are tough. Any shot angle = more opportunities. McGuire and Hammers are cnc machined, available all day everyday. Barnes have been hard to come by, saw some Hornady CX's in our local gun shop yesterday. Not sure about Peregrine Bullet availability.

Many feel mono's are superior to most others because they are tough. Any shot angle = more opportunities. McGuire and Hammers are cnc machined, available all day everyday. Barnes have been hard to come by, saw some Hornady CX's in our local gun shop yesterday. Not sure about Peregrine Bullet availability.
That is what I'm saying, why not pick one of the mono brands you can easily get vs having to import them from South Africa.

I am interested in their 230gr .375 caliber bullet.

It would work nicely for my 375 Raptor.

I also like the idea of a metal tip instead of plastic.

I thought they would be cool to try.

its been over 2 years, but I would like to bump this thread, instead of starting another.

I am also wanting some Peregrine bullets. I am not sure who is a US supplier. I know the man who designed the bullet passed away a couple years ago.

An info is appreciated.

@WildRose is the resident expert here

Another grooved bullet mfg...

Attachments

• 20221231_164210.jpg
    20221231_164210.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52

Recent Posts