Pennsylvania long range hunting

Dr. John

Hi, my family and I are moving to PA in late June to the Norristown area. I love hunting and just plain ol target shooting with my 300rum sendero. we are coming from Maine. we are looking for popular areas for hunting. also looking for shooting ranges. looking for any info regarding all types of hunting. will love to hear from you.

Pahunter

I live in Lancaster county, and there isnt many places to shoot long range around here. New Holland has a 600 yard range but thats the farthest I know of. If you want to hunt long range you should look into the Northen counties.

G

Pahunter,

I grew up in East Petersburg!!!! We were almost neighbors....

Dr. John,
I worked in Philly for 10 years YUK!!!!
Then I got smart and headed west.... Norristown is OK... but NO WHERE to shoot and most of your ranges are owned by the Game Commision and set at 100 yards... You need to go north and north central find some farmers with land and lease it... to hunt or whatever.. that seems to be the way things are headed in Pa... you can search the state game lands for some areas and you may get lucky but it will all be a few hours from Norristown.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce