Pendleton Composite Stocks

wilkup

Anyone have one of these?
I hope to be the proud owner of one of these in the couple months, once my build finishes up. Should be 19oz upon completion and they custom bed your barreled action to the stock! Great turn around too =)
I'd love to hear if anyone has used or had experience with the company in the past and how it went for them.

Pendleton Composite Stocks

Well... with further digging all over the Internet and other forums, I was able to gather a clear enough picture of this company that I placed an order on a McMillan Hunter this morning. I figured I'd go with an undisputed, well-known, high-quality stock company.
We can shut this thread down now =)

I had a SA rifle that was built with a Pendleton Stock AKA Oregon gunsmithing "WAYNE"
My specific build was suppose to be finished at 16 OZ. When I received my stock I weighed it and it came in at 22.8 OZ.
I emailed Wayne and asked him why it was much heavier than it was planned to be. He emailed back saying they had to use "different products" in the stock to strengthen it... I replied saying then why tell people your stocks are FINISHED at 16 OZ if they are not. The barrel channel in-letting is awful, the left side is a 1/4" bigger than the right side. The Bedding Job was HORRIBLE. He put half *** bedding around the recoil lug which looked like a toddler did it. I emailed him in regards to the bedding job too and he told me he had to try and save weight since the extra strength in material added weight.... I shot the rifle and the groupings were awful, which led me to having to take the gun to another gunsmith to get a NEW bedding job done.
I would STRONGLY advise everyone to stay away from this company

I had a SA rifle that was built with a Pendleton Stock AKA Oregon gunsmithing "WAYNE"
My specific build was suppose to be finished at 16 OZ. When I received my stock I weighed it and it came in at 22.8 OZ.
I emailed Wayne and asked him why it was much heavier than it was planned to be. He emailed back saying they had to use "different products" in the stock to strengthen it... I replied saying then why tell people your stocks are FINISHED at 16 OZ if they are not. The barrel channel in-letting is awful, the left side is a 1/4" bigger than the right side. The Bedding Job was HORRIBLE. He put half --- bedding around the recoil lug which looked like a toddler did it. I emailed him in regards to the bedding job too and he told me he had to try and save weight since the extra strength in material added weight.... I shot the rifle and the groupings were awful, which led me to having to take the gun to another gunsmith to get a NEW bedding job done.
I would STRONGLY advise everyone to stay away from this company
Huh
Just got my pendleton back for my 700 LA, it weighs 21 oz and the fit is perfect including the bedding job.
I'll put some rounds through it this weekend and report back.
The ONLY stock they make that's sub 20 oz is a subcompact with a very short forend that won't take a bipod.
Is that what you ordered??
It weighs 18 oz, I can't believe anyone told you 16 was an option...

Huh
Just got my pendleton back for my 700 LA, it weighs 21 oz and the fit is perfect including the bedding job.
I'll put some rounds through it this weekend and report back.
The ONLY stock they make that's sub 20 oz is a subcompact with a very short forend that won't take a bipod.
Is that what you ordered??
It weighs 18 oz, I can't believe anyone told you 16 was an option...

This is EXACTLY what Wayne told me.

"If you are building a truly ultra-lite rifle, we do have an ultra-lite stock that weighs 16 ounces. The cost is $695.00 plus shipping. This stock has our custom proprietary pad.
We also make a Classic C that is about 18 ounces. The cost is $650.00, plus shipping.
Our other stocks all weigh in the 20 ounce range, except for the tacticals.
These are built custom to your rifle, your length of pull, your choice of color coating and contrasting webbing, Pachmayr decelerator pad, swivel studs, bedding and freefloating.
Turnaround time after we receive your rifle runs about 12 weeks.
You can ship to us via UPS, FedEx, or US Postal Service. Package the firearm well, ensuring the barrel will not punch through the end of the box. Put a note inside the box with all your contact information and a reminder of the work to be done."

He replaced my Ruger No.1 and I'm completely satisfied. It was actually a thumb hole prototype I just gave him general ideas, free rein, and it came back better than I could have imagined.
I've seen numerous other rifles, complete builds, as well as stocks that are quality.
Just sent him another to restock.
Don't dispute your story just stating my experience.

I'll have a range report in a few days with pics of my Pendleton stock.
I'm impressed so far

We'll S#!t
I shot a few rounds through my 7 wsm today with the new Pendleton stock and a big chunk broke off near the Tang!
I'm seriously concerned now, I'm going to try to get my money back. I doubt that'll happen though.
I've never seen a stock do this.
I'll keep you guys posted on their customer service.
**** I'm frustrated.
IMG_20190406_170801057.jpg

We'll S#!t
I shot a few rounds through my 7 wsm today with the new Pendleton stock and a big chunk broke off near the Tang!
I'm seriously concerned now, I'm going to try to get my money back. I doubt that'll happen though.
I've never seen a stock do this.
I'll keep you guys posted on their customer service.
---- I'm frustrated.
View attachment 129492
HOLY hell im sorry to hear that, and that sucks to see the stock broke.
Cheaply made obvisouly. I would definitely try and get your money back somehow someway. What does your bedding job look like? Mine was so bad, that I had to get a gunsmith do a whole new bedding job on it for me.

HOLY hell im sorry to hear that, and that sucks to see the stock broke.
Cheaply made obvisouly. I would definitely try and get your money back somehow someway. What does your bedding job look like? Mine was so bad, that I had to get a gunsmith do a whole new bedding job on it for me.
Thanks it does suck, I'm beginning to feel your personal frustration.
The bedding job looked fine, I want to know what kind of junk material this thing was made from.
It looks like there's a tiny crack running into the grip area, not good at all

......I've never seen a stock do this......I'll keep you guys posted on their customer service.---- I'm frustrated.View attachment 129492

....It's been a long time, but I've seen wood split there on heavy recoil cartridges.
....Not defending the material etc. just curious if rifle has a brake on it. One of JE Customs slow motion videos shows a lot of flex in grip area.
....I hope it gets resolved for you. Rich Coyle had a problem, and it was resolved appropriately if I recall.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.