PDA, Program, Weather Meter- Help

AAAAWWWWWW KRRRRRAAAAPPP

Now I gotta buy another toy!!!! :rolleyes:
Most ballistic programs for iPhone/iTouch don't need connection unless you want to use local weather for your atmospheric inputs. If you know them or have a Kestrel type unit then you can be in po-dunk-ville and still have everything work. And the apple products work much better regarding battery life overall and especially when it is cold.

I know this is true for Shooter, iSnipe, and FTE.

Scot E.

Most ballistic programs for iPhone/iTouch don't need connection unless you want to use local weather for your atmospheric inputs. If you know them or have a Kestrel type unit then you can be in po-dunk-ville and still have everything work. And the apple products work much better regarding battery life overall and especially when it is cold.

I know this is true for Shooter, iSnipe, and FTE.

Scot E.

Question for you.....I do lots of shooting to 1000, but want to extend. At the extended ranges spin drift, coriolis, ect... come into play more than at shorter ranges. Are there any phone apps with the capabilities to dope this stuff? I guess with no service I can imput lat and long to within a few thousnd feet. Also, shooting direction to within a few degrees. I can't imagin that the amount of coriolis affect would change much if the lat and long or shooting direction wern't EXACT.

Like I said in other threads, I have a kestrol 3500 and shoot/hunt in a very small area. To me, it has always been about THE WIND. Especialy at the "shorter" ranges of 1000 or less.

Shooter really is a good program for ELR, Broz has been using it out past 2000yrds and I've used it out till I need multiple BC's then I switch over to the Dell loaded with Loadbase 3.0 and keep shooting.
My Axim rides in my jacket pocket inside my coat for hunting and I've never had a shut down even if it's laying next to me while shooting, I fired up Loadbase the middle of October and haven't shut it of yet and only charged it twice in that time. No battery issues since I started letting it drain all the way to the bottom then charging!

Question for you.....I do lots of shooting to 1000, but want to extend. At the extended ranges spin drift, coriolis, ect... come into play more than at shorter ranges. Are there any phone apps with the capabilities to dope this stuff? I guess with no service I can imput lat and long to within a few thousnd feet. Also, shooting direction to within a few degrees. I can't imagin that the amount of coriolis affect would change much if the lat and long or shooting direction wern't EXACT.

Like I said in other threads, I have a kestrol 3500 and shoot/hunt in a very small area. To me, it has always been about THE WIND. Especialy at the "shorter" ranges of 1000 or less.

All three will handle spin drift and Coriolis. I think it is an extra add for iSnipe and FTE. Shooter will do that and allow you to use stepped BC for the real long range stuff. I am really impressed with Shooter's simple layout and ease of use while still having a very informational and detailed setup. I really like how each ammo profile is saved to a specific firearm. So when I pull up XYZ firearm only the loads I use for that specific gun show up, even if that rifle is a 30 cal and I have 3 other 30 caliber's that I have load data for.

So far it has everything I want or should have when the new release comes out next week.

FTE I think is a great program, or APP, I should say. I rarely get my Pocket PC out now. However, FTE needs a few updates. As of yet, 338 Bergers aren't listed on the projectile page, therefore you have to create a custom BC. And I've also noticed that I typically shoot high about 1/2 moa at any distance. Never really figured out why, but thats why we need to confirm our drops.

Earlier in this this thread, I said I had a Kestrel 2500. Thats wrong, I have the 3500, don't know what I was thinking that day. Lack of coffee I guess.

Oh, and the Line of Sight (LOS) function on FTE is really cool.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.