Kestrel weather meter

Given the fact that it is taking more than 3 months to launch the AB version of the Kestrel after the announcement, I am fairly sure it has a custom processor/memory configuration. I know that the Kestrel folks were looking at taking in existing Kestrel meters in trade for the AB version, and apparently the traded units get reworked and then supplied to government agencies. But I have not heard how great a deal you will get on the trade, so for many it may be better to sell outright.

I got the version without bluetooth. If one ever gets into a SHTF type scenario, I don't want any devices that transmit (like bluetooth) to give away my position... Its also $100 more and I don't use a smartphone anyway.

All I've ever needed has been my little Kestrel 2500. Gives me temp, baro and wind speed. Don't need humidity since even a large swing in humidity means little to down range impacts. Now that I have my Gunwerks G7 BR2 LRF, which has internal temp, baro/DA and incline along with the internal ballistic computer, I use my Kestrel even less except for wind and only pull my Shooter app out to verify the BR2's dope. Even saying that, I quit verifying the BR2's dope against the Shooter when in the field. I have that much trust in it.

Alan

All I've ever needed has been my little Kestrel 2500. Gives me temp, baro and wind speed. Don't need humidity since even a large swing in humidity means little to down range impacts. Now that I have my Gunwerks G7 BR2 LRF, which has internal temp, baro/DA and incline along with the internal ballistic computer, I use my Kestrel even less except for wind and only pull my Shooter app out to verify the BR2's dope. Even saying that, I quit verifying the BR2's dope against the Shooter when in the field. I have that much trust in it.

Alan

HI Alan, I too have the G7br2 and use shooter also, had a couple of question for you. Unfortunately you don't accept PM's. Could you PM me, thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.