Packable poncho

Lrreloader

Looking for a packable rain poncho for a upcoming hunt, expecting snow but don't want to go without any rain gear, all my outer shells are water resistant, but don't want to drop $500 on a set of rain gear (buying merino insulation system instead). Looking for something cheap, packable, light for a freak rain shower type situation.

Frog togs ultra light 2 poncho?

Any others?

Thanks

Looking for a packable rain poncho for a upcoming hunt, expecting snow but don't want to go without any rain gear, all my outer shells are water resistant, but don't want to drop $500 on a set of rain gear (buying merino insulation system instead). Looking for something cheap, packable, light for a freak rain shower type situation.

Any others?

Thanks
I have a few military issue ponchos. They make excellent quick and easy set-up shelter too.

I have a couple sets of 'Frogg Toggs' that I always take with me when my Dad and I hit Cumberland Lake for stripers. They've come in very handy on a couple trips, are very lightweight and they sure keep you dry!

I have a couple sets of 'Frogg Toggs' that I always take with me when my Dad and I hit Cumberland Lake for stripers. They've come in very handy on a couple trips, are very lightweight and they sure keep you dry!

X2 Deputy!
It also keeps you warm when you sit and glass.

You know I used to use a snow camo poncho for snow camo years ago, always worked well and I liked it.

Decided I needed "real" snow camo, can't for the life of me figure out why. This reminds me I should find myself a new cheap snow poncho.

Can't help but wonder if I wouldn't find myself liking one for rain situations as well vs individual pieces, as I sure don't wish to be hiking in rain gear if I don't have to be, I want to breathe, or I'll sweat through everything. Poncho, on/off, 2 seconds, they cover well, can actually hide movement better.

Jesus, now I'm down another rabbit hole questioning everything in life.

You know I used to use a snow camo poncho for snow camo years ago, always worked well and I liked it.

Decided I needed "real" snow camo, can't for the life of me figure out why. This reminds me I should find myself a new cheap snow poncho.

Can't help but wonder if I wouldn't find myself liking one for rain situations as well vs individual pieces, as I sure don't wish to be hiking in rain gear if I don't have to be, I want to breathe, or I'll sweat through everything. Poncho, on/off, 2 seconds, they cover well, can actually hide movement better.

Jesus, now I'm down another rabbit hole questioning everything in life.
I'm second quessing everything, I have never had to plan for a 8 day hunt with only one trip in and limited weight. I usually just head back to truck that's like a roaming cabelas back here where I hunt in PA.

Any others?

Thanks
Take three or 4 glad orange garbage bags along...throw away, light weight, take zero space!

One year on a hunt out west I found out that my rain resistant outer gear had lost it's rain resistance. My coat felt like it weighed 90 pounds before the day was over. I could see snow accumulating further up but not where I was at. Thank goodness it was only a 1 mile walk to the horses. After hanging my coat near the wood stove to dry out we took a two hour drive to the Walmart in Laramie. At the checkout counter they had a display of el cheapo clear pancho's in a packet 3" by 2" by 1/4" for $1.00. I bought 10 of em. They worked great. Didn't hold up to brush and such but were just the ticket for stand hunting. I still don't like to use a poncho if I'm stalking. I havent found one that didn't make a lot of noise, and I sweat alot when wearing one. In all the years I've hunted I never had to take a shot while wearing a poncho. Goes to show you that if the weather is bad enough that you need a poncho, the game are holed up somewhere anyways.

Any others?

Thanks
All I've ever used is an old Vietnam era military poncho it works great in the rain you can keep your rifle dry by being under the poncho but can be ready to shoot very quickly