Owners of Swaro EL Range...

jmden

...what happens if you are ranging a small target on flat terrain and then (if possible) range the same target with the binoc rotated 90 deg so that the long side of the rectangular beam is now horizontally oriented and range again? Do you consistently get substantially different reading with these two methods?

I'm trying to determine the effect of the long side of the rectangular beam being vertically oriented, something that I believe to be unique to Swarovski and something that some here, myself included, have concerns with.

Thanks to you guys that would check into this. I really appreciate it. Jon

I've got info from a very reputable source that the vertical beam in the EL Ranges does not cause trouble closer and beyond the target. In fact, in tests against the Zeiss RF and Leica Geovids, it was the only one that didnt't give erroneous readings closer and beyond the target. It was also far and away the best at ranging through small holes and past trees and in the field far and away the best of the crop of bino/rangefinder units of giving the actual measurement to the target. This is info I've been trying to track down for some time, so hope it may be helpful to others as well. Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.