Leica 3200.com vs Swaro El range

270Weatherby

I'm looking for some new glass and wan to know if there is any real difference in optical quality between the two?

The Leica and the Swarovski are very close optically and IMO too close to really say one is better than the other, however, the Swarovski is 9 year old technology vs the Leica and in this arena that makes all the difference

The Leica and the Swarovski are very close optically and IMO too close to really say one is better than the other, however, the Swarovski is 9 year old technology vs the Leica and in this arena that makes all the difference
Thank you! I have the old Leica HD R. Is the new version using better glass? I struggle with these not being great.

I'm sure you probably know this but one gives a ballistic solution (I believe through its own internal algo out to like 600-800 yds, and farther than that requires a kestrel elite), while the other gives 'shoot to' distance (i.e. compensating for angle).

if Swaro would do a bino RF with Applied Ballisitcs in it as a standalone item, I'd be all over it.

I've owned and or own them all. EL's are a huge no go. Don't range low enough for archery, no ballistic compensation. Just simply a rangefinder. Glass is excellent though. Wouldn't even consider them until they come out with their new ones.
I have the Leica 3200 and they are exceptional but limited to 1000 yards as far as delivering any ballistic data on their own. Range finder is excellent (the best) and glass is amazing. Not a huge fan of the ergonomics. They don't have near the bells and whistles of the ZEISS RF's.

I also have the ZEISS RF (new ones) and going on 3 seasons. Nothing (nothing!) even comes close to them. They will give a ballistic read out to as far as you can reach. If your info is set up correctly, AND tested and corrected to what the rifle is actually doing, I've never ever had it off and I have 6 calibers stored. No matter the conditions. Super easy to change calibers, the glass is excellent (Leicas have a slight edge) but the ergonomics, ease of use, glass, accuracy of data spit out, ability to change left to right buttons, and so on AND there is nobody in the business that has better customer service out of the big 3. Leica is really hit or miss. Mostly miss. ZEISS is the best thing going right now.

I just decided to go with the Leica 3200.coms. after all the days researching who makes the best, i just decided to go look for myself. My eyes are not good enough to see the difference in glass quality, even in low light. They are all great glass an optical quality is splitting fine hairs for me. What sold me was one the rangefinder in Leica is better than the Sworo, and ranges farther. Sd card is a bonus for having your ballistics in your binos. The eye cups i feel lock better and stay in place better on the leica, and the focus nob i think is better as well. You cant go wrong with any of the big 3 optics, just decide for you.

Leica , all the way. The thing that sold me on them was the depth of clear vision that I was getting late in the day, out on the open ground they were the same as my mate's Swaro's, but when it came to searching in the thick under-growth the Leica's were picking up game that we couldnt even see through our rifle scopes.

Bringing this thread back to life as there have been very few comparisons or reviews. I fondled and tested a buddy's new EL Range TA, and they were so awesome that I didn't even have to read anything comparing them to Leica's and Zeiss. They are incredible and the ranging/ballistics performance was top notch. I could easily range steel over 1k yards. They also showed the distance and solution extremely fast.

I'm convinced and will soon be ordering mine.

Bringing this thread back to life as there have been very few comparisons or reviews. I fondled and tested a buddy's new EL Range TA, and they were so awesome that I didn't even have to read anything comparing them to Leica's and Zeiss. They are incredible and the ranging/ballistics performance was top notch. I could easily range steel over 1k yards. They also showed the distance and solution extremely fast.

I'm convinced and will soon be ordering mine.
Mine just shipped out and I can't wait to play with them and get everything dialed for the season.