Swaro compare - EL vs. EL Range

I have the EL Ranges in 10x42 and the 15x56 SLC. On my most recent hunt my guide had ordered a pair of 10x50 ELs and they brought them in on the SuperCub when they were delivering supplies and hauling out some meat so we got to experiment between the two as I also had this question.

To my eyes the 10x50's had more light and offered a better color. I do not know if this was due to the additional 8mm in the objective lens or the coating the EL Ranges have to have for the laser. I have never had the opportunity to look through another set of ELs other than the 10x50's but this is what I can offer. I have heard/read that the standard EL's offer a slight more color/brightness and that is due to the coating the glass needs to allow the laser to work on the Range models.

Anything at this level and I think you are really splitting hairs. I kind of want to get rid of the EL Ranges and get the NL's in 8x or 10x. I don't use the range feature all that much since getting the SIG 2400 with AB software.

If you are left eye dominant you may not find RF Binnoculars all that useful. I sold mine and went back to a CRF becasue the readout shows only in the right eye.

The glass on the El Range is very close to the EL SV's, I've had both in 10x42's, in the end I kept my old Leica Geovids , still very happy with them.

I would seriously check out the Leica if your wanting range finding.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.