Over annealing?

Sorry to be that guy that brings up AMP, but I'm not here to say they're better, promise. To me the core of what their research showed (and why IMO their recommendation to use flame annealing as an alternative isn't just lip service) is because they're trying to work on consistency, never do they state that flame doesn't provide a similar "full anneal" like induction also does. Their own AZTEC codes vary somewhat but that's ok, because as you said it's a window, not a narrow specific point. They're saying that you get more consistent bump by getting to the full anneal point every time, and their marketing shtick is using induction ensures you get all the way there every time easier/faster/more consistently compared to alternatives.

Flame people in the hotter/redder crowd get there every time also. It's an easy process that people overcomplicate because unless you cook it to the point it crumples you're pretty much always fine with the neck. Enter the @ButterBean YouTube video, because it really is that straightforward.

(Disclaimer: I voted for induction with my wallet, ultimately I felt like I needed to have an electric machine since I load in my house. Flame might be great but I moved out of my garage and into the AC for a reason. Texas is hot, y'all, and my wife would kill me for literally playing with fire in the house.)

AMP counters salt bath annealing by stating it's partial and not complete by their standards. But to several people here that's the point of using salt bath - to not get to a completely annealed state. So each process works by different standards, because the end goal is a pretty wide range.

At the end of the day if the case head is fine, the case should still be useable.

Vermilion maybe? Scarlet seems a bit bright. Try printing out a color chart and holding it next to the case as you heat it. I use the 3AAA battery LED headlamp from Creedmoor Sports (a bargain at $49.95) that has a neutral 5k white tone and a calibrated red chart to confirm the exact timing in the flame:
View attachment 339875

🤣
I found that if I hold the case till it burns my fingers I get a perfect anneal to that Indian red color, only problem I can only do 3 or 4 cases at a time, and I always say the same thing after I do every case, " ahhh, MFer, JC!!!", maybe some ice water to dip my fingers in after each case might help, lol.

Annealing isn't complicated. Neither is using a toilet.

But judging by the floor of the men's room there's a lot of guys out there that struggle with simple things 🤣 A little instruction never hurt anyone.
The problem is repeat an untruth enough and it becomes the truth, you know how many local people I argue with that say neck sizing is all you have to do for best accuracy, although it is kinda fun leaving them speechless, mostly guys working at gun shops, so everybody figures they know what they are doing.

The problem is repeat an untruth enough and it becomes the truth, you know how many local people I argue with that say neck sizing is all you have to do for best accuracy, although it is kinda fun leaving them speechless, mostly guys working at gun shops, so everybody figures they know what they are doing.
The problem is that most of the experts don't have enough knowledge or experience to even offer a legitimate opinion.

Worse, they don't realize it.

It's funny how it's so easy, the guy who was tired of the post says heat them till they turn red, other people say not so it's so easy but there's two different sides, so which one is it?

It's funny how it's so easy, the guy who was tired of the post says heat them till they turn red, other people say not so it's so easy but there's two different sides, so which one is it?
You'll find our really quickly when you find you have no neck tension and the cases start seriously deforming when resizing.

But see, I like living indoors. Never underestimate the power of combining "maximal laziness" and "less unhappy wife", all for the low low price of "she doesn't need to know" 😂
I always tell my wife it costs 25 percent of what it really cost and she feels like that's a lot, if she only knew, lol.