Outfitter recommendations

KSB209

I'm planning a hunt for 2021 season. Where to begin??? I have been looking on the Book Your Hunt website (Jim Shockey "approved" I guess) but I know there are many out there. I don't have any preference points for any state other than CA so I would like to find an outfitter that either has private tags or hunts in an area that have over the counter tags for elk and deer. Would be interested in hunting ID, WY, CO, MT, or UT. I figure I will be paying anywhere between $5k - $10k for a once in a lifetime type hunt like this. I'm 42 years old and in pretty good shape/condition now and plan on doing more this off season to prepare for the hunt.

I am not stuck to any particular state my issue is the tag availability and success rate. I know the later is NEVER a guarantee but I do know that units with over the counter tags typically provide lower success rates (on average) and I'm ok with that. It's part of hunting.

I might be going by myself (or maybe 1 other buddy) and I don't mind being part of a group hunt with other random hunters. Half the fun of the adventure is meeting new people and I am a pretty outgoing person.

So let the recommendations fly.

Best chance for a trophy bull and no preference points is to go to a state where you can purchase a hunt from an outfitter that has landowner tags. I have been doing this for the past hunting seasons. I can recommend Keith Williams of Arizona Pro Elk hunts who does numerous hunts in New Mexico. I have hunted with Keith on six different occasions and can vouch for his excellent service. If you would like to discuss this further, send me a message with your contact number and I will return the call.

Among the best

I'm planning a hunt for 2021 season. Where to begin??? I have been looking on the Book Your Hunt website (Jim Shockey "approved" I guess) but I know there are many out there. I don't have any preference points for any state other than CA so I would like to find an outfitter that either has private tags or hunts in an area that have over the counter tags for elk and deer. Would be interested in hunting ID, WY, CO, MT, or UT. I figure I will be paying anywhere between $5k - $10k for a once in a lifetime type hunt like this. I'm 42 years old and in pretty good shape/condition now and plan on doing more this off season to prepare for the hunt.

I am not stuck to any particular state my issue is the tag availability and success rate. I know the later is NEVER a guarantee but I do know that units with over the counter tags typically provide lower success rates (on average) and I'm ok with that. It's part of hunting.

I might be going by myself (or maybe 1 other buddy) and I don't mind being part of a group hunt with other random hunters. Half the fun of the adventure is meeting new people and I am a pretty outgoing person.

I am in much the same situation except that I have been accumulating preference point In Wyoming for the last 7 years. So probably going with non typical outfitters. My other hunting buddy has been looking in Arizona. We have been dreaming and saving for this hunt for the last ten years. A 5 day hunt will not be long enough to enjoy the years of anticipation

Thanks

Buck

My cousin has one of the most successful Big Horn Sheep and Elk outfitting operations in NW Wyoming. His operations are Trails West Outfitters and Shoshone Lodge Outfitters out of Cody, Wyoming. Take a look at his websites for this year's results. His name is Josh Martoglio and is the real deal. His camps are all pack in, located in wilderness areas, and are first class. His guides have been with him for many years. He has nearly 100% success on Sheep and very high success on Elk.

My cousin has one of the most successful Big Horn Sheep and Elk outfitting operations in NW Wyoming. His operations are Trails West Outfitters and Shoshone Lodge Outfitters out of Cody, Wyoming. Take a look at his websites for this year's results. His name is Josh Martoglio and is the real deal. His camps are all pack in, located in wilderness areas, and are first class. His guides have been with him for many years. He has nearly 100% success on Sheep and very high success on Elk.
I'll look into them then thanks. Are they in the "general" area for tags?

Another good outfitter is Hidden Creek Outfitters out of Cody, WY. They mostly guide in the Thorofare region. I have hunted with Bill Perry many times and have never been disappointed. This is a classical hunt in western sense and should be done at least once by every elk hunter.

I hunted with TWO this year and my two sons and I all shot nice bulls. Great guides and wonderful food!

I'd recommend Grant Edinger Buffalo Horn Ranch in NW CO. They run a top shelf elk/deer/lion hunting ranch that is sizeable. If interested, please let me know and I'll pass along contact info. Good luck in any case!

Had a great hunt this year with TWO

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.